ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Way to hide a desktop icon temporarily?

<< < (4/4)

J-Mac:
I installed the trial but it doesn't let me start the 30-day trial period. There's a big dialog box with 3 options and activate the trial is 3rd, but clicking it does nothing. If I try to make a fence, the option appears but then the fence doesn't. Google showed that other people have had this problem too.
-jshare (September 04, 2014, 08:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's odd. I thought that happened only if you once had a trial installed in the past. Guess it's a bug then.

Good luck!

Jim

jshare:
That's odd. I thought that happened only if you once had a trial installed in the past. Guess it's a bug then.

Good luck!

Jim
-J-Mac (September 04, 2014, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!

And thanks to everyone for pitching in.

rjbull:
Has anyone found an easy to use replacement Daemon that doesn't have all the baggage and instabilities/quirks of Task Scheduler?-MilesAhead (September 03, 2014, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't know if these would solve all your problems, but have you tried:

* Searching DC for previous threads  :)  Several mention alternatives.
* PowerPro
* Kirby Alarm Pro Payware; there's also a cheaper Lite version I haven't tried, and an old free version.PowerPro worked a treat on Windows XP, but wasn't ready for UAC at the time I bought a Vista laptop.  Because it was awkward back then I changed to Kirby Alarm Pro, which worked perfectly well even with UAC On.  Since then there have been first workarounds, then improvements to PowerPro itself.  Given those, and that PowerPro is free, you might look at it first.  The scheduler module in PowerPro and Kirby Alarm Pro look to me to have very similar functionality, except that KA can run as a Windows service, if you need that.

MilesAhead:
I don't know if these would solve all your problems, but have you tried:
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that info.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version