topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: by the time I got to this forum  (Read 2537 times)

folkcafe

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
by the time I got to this forum
« on: September 06, 2014, 04:50 PM »
I've all but forgotten which program I downloaded and am trying to set up.  I get it.  Perhaps an imaginative way of maximizing donations.  I've not yet attempted to download a key. 

I come by way of techsupportalert.com  I occasionally need a simple utility and it is a good place to find what works well.  It is also an opportunity to support small developers.  That is why I don't wish to come off as hostile.  Just not sure if it all is worth it.  There were several programs that did what I was looking for.  I downloaded this one and installed it but was prompted for a key.  Started the process but even then, not quite that simple.  Going to pass and uninstall the app.  Consider this as feedback from someone who is more likely than most to donate to a developer of software that I find useful.  I first need to find that out. Just too many strings attached to the process.

Thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: by the time I got to this forum
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 05:16 PM »
folkcafe,

Thank you for taking the time to post -- I apologize for the frustration.
techsupportalert is arguably the best freeware website on the planet, so it's particularly painful to hear about your bad experience.

Can I just quickly say, that you don't actually need to sign up and get a key to use the program -- you will get that little "box" on startup asking you to visit our website and get a key, but even if you don't do that the program will run fine with full features and never expire and only ever show that box when you start it.

And that if you wanted to remove that "nag" box on startup you could download a license key from our website with or without signing up at our forum, and without donating.

And lastly, that I am always happy to send a non-expiring license key to anyone who emails and lets me know that they've considered donating but will not be doing so.

Over the almost 10 years that DonationCoder has been operating, we've been trying to do things a little differently, and keep to our principles, but one of the things that has suffered somewhat is that the procedure for getting the license keys has become a bit confusing and is often misunderstood -- or understood but resented for its complexity.  And for that I apologize and I think we do need to find a way to do better.

Anyway, long story short -- if you do decide to try our software again, don't hesitate to contact us or post with further feedback or to ask for assistance.  We are a friendly little family here and we try to make up for our other weaknesses by being helpful here on the forum :)