ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Please help me find that utility - "Something" To TXT ?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Stoic Joker:
:huh: I read this post last night, and STILL can't see any use for this type of thing lol  Anybody wanna explain how this would be remotely helpful?  I mean...It shaves like 2 seconds or 2 clicks from doing it manually (By either creating a new text document then copypasta the name into it, or type the name manually...)-Stephen66515 (September 04, 2014, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's a matter of convenience true, but when it is something you do frequently - extra X clicks * 100 - then it becomes quite handy. Back when I did a lot of downloading, I liked to leave myself a note with the particulars of a download that I wasn't likely to have time to investigate soon. This was necessary since many of the things I download could make a rather large mess is set off accidentally.

Stoic Joker:
Man, I used to love that thing ... I think it was called F-note (short for file note).
It was just a context menu item that showed up for all files that would put an empty text file with the same name in the same location as target file.-Stoic Joker (September 04, 2014, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
I search for find it. Do you know the official site or any other site to find it?
-sakiskom (September 04, 2014, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry man, I wish I could tell you...but I don't know where to find it either.

anandcoral:
Got it.

FileNote http://download.cnet.com/FileNote/3000-2094_4-10019651.html

Excerpt from the site:
It's supposed to give users a way to add notes to their files, but in reality this application is just a quick way to create a text file of the same name. File Note is added as a new context menu option. When you select it, it automatically creates a Notepad file named the same as the selected file.

To be fair, the operation was speedy and effective, and the newly created text file was conveniently saved in the same location as the source file. However, because the note isn't integrated with the file itself, you'll have to take an extra step if you want to share your notes when you send the file to others.

Regards,

Anand

Stoic Joker:
Got it.

FileNote http://download.cnet.com/FileNote/3000-2094_4-10019651.html-anandcoral (September 05, 2014, 03:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you!

@sakiskom - And thank you for reminding me it existed. :)

4wd:
Is there any way to not see the black command window from loading? Can you put on the backround?-sakiskom (September 04, 2014, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

You could use cmdow to implement the command line with the /HID option.

Your AV will most likely complain about cmdow due to its be able to run commands in a hidden window - this automatically makes it something to be avoided like the plague as far as they're concerned.

But given that @anandcoral has found the original program, that'd probably be easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version