topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: posts on facebook  (Read 3736 times)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
posts on facebook
« on: September 29, 2014, 04:03 PM »
hello

I want to post something on a group I have joined in facebook

will my friends get notified about my post? even if they haven't join that group?

how can I prevent this?

thanks!

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: posts on facebook
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:48 AM »
I have not seen any notifications or posts in my newsfeed from any friends when they post to groups that I have not joined. I am not saying it doesn't happen, I am just saying I have not seen it.

But what I have seen is recommendations to join groups that friends have joined, and this can be a little weird at times, seeing some of the strange groups that some of my friends and family have joined.  :-[

And yes, Facebook does tell you who has joined what group. So, you might want to think twice about joining any sexual fetish groups on Facebook, if you don't want all of your friends and family knowing about it.  ;)

Also, watch out for pranks, where friends add you to a group you would rather not be in and have advertised to your friends & family. (Yup, even if you don't voluntarily join those sexual fetish groups, a friend of yours can add you to one of them as a joke, and all your friends & family will see your face and name associated with that group, recommending that they join too, on their right sidebar)

http://www.themarysu...s-forced-add-nambla/

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 01:08 PM »
Similar to what app says
-
Why I’m unfriending you on Facebook
Tom

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 04:28 PM »
Similar to what app says
-
I've gone back and forth on this.  I do want to completely stop using facebook, but it's also the main way a lot of people i know keep in touch.  Ultimately, I may not mind keeping in touch in this fashion, no offense to anyone.  But it is nice to check in and see the pics now and then.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 05:06 PM »
Similar to what app says
-
I've gone back and forth on this.  I do want to completely stop using facebook, but it's also the main way a lot of people i know keep in touch.  Ultimately, I may not mind keeping in touch in this fashion, no offense to anyone.  But it is nice to check in and see the pics now and then.

well, the focus is on joining groups. 'Dont' seems to be the advice - and pray that no-one else joins you to any groups you dont want to be associated with.

Yup, even if you don't voluntarily join those sexual fetish groups, a friend of yours can add you to one of them as a joke, and all your friends & family will see your face and name associated with that group, recommending that they join too, on their right sidebar

It's such a weird idea - to allow other to add you to a group without your consent...
Tom

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 07:12 PM »
It's such a weird idea - to allow other to add you to a group without your consent...

My personal policy is that if you rudely add me to a group without asking my permission first, not only will I remove myself from that group, I will remove you from my friends list, as well.