ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Buying a 125CC Motorbike...Your Opinions Wanted!

(1/4) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Me and Katie (The Mrs) are going to be buying 125CC Bikes in the next few month, and I have a few in mind that I want, so I thought I would ask you guys which you thin would be the best of the bunch (also nicest to look at!) - I don't want to break the bank with the bikes as they are only temporary whilst we get our full motorbike licenses!

Yamaha YZF-125 (Baby R1) - This is top of my list for looks but bloody expensive...

Honda CBR 125r - Quite easy to pickup cheap on eBay and Honda are brilliant bikes...this one however, is a little small and I am...tall lol

Skyjet 125 - This is a Chinese Import, and not exactly...reliable as such...but when you get get them BRAND NEW including all the registration documents, for £950 OTR, can you really expect much?

Aprillia RS 125 - Stunning bike, on the expensive side of things and I have heard stories about them breaking all the time...but they are FAST!

NSR 125 - Quite a nice looking bike, but being old and now "wanted", can be a bit expensive...

Varadero 125 - Saw one of these near my house, they look VERY nice and also seem rather comfortable...also has the advantage of being a large bike, meaning I won't look like an adult on a kids bike lol

Buying a 125CC Motorbike...Your Opinions Wanted!

Sooooo....What do you guys and girls think?!  Which do you think would be the best for a bike that I am probably only going to have for a MAXIMUM of 12 months?

Renegade:
I suppose a lot of it depends on where you live and what kind of driving you need to do, but scooters might be something to think about. Some make it much easier to carry more cargo, e.g. for grocery shopping.

But StoicJoker is the one to ask about bikes.

KynloStephen66515:
I suppose a lot of it depends on where you live and what kind of driving you need to do, but scooters might be something to think about. Some make it much easier to carry more cargo, e.g. for grocery shopping.

But StoicJoker is the one to ask about bikes.
-Renegade (September 02, 2014, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Noooooo, I don't want a scooter...I live in a VERY hilly valley, which I will at least need SOME power for.  I have the car for most tasks...the bike will be commuting to/from work and for days out with the lady.

Shades:
When geared properly, you shouldn't have too much problems keeping up with traffic (highway). 250 is already a big improvement over 125 because of the wider range in acceleration and better brakes. you want that as there a lot of "blind" car drivers that do not have the capability to respond properly to your kind of traffic. Bikers that have a lot of experience driving a car are the best suited for driving a motorbike. Because you will need to drive for both the car and your bike to avoid accidents.

Driving a motorbike here in Paraguay taught me that.

KynloStephen66515:
When geared properly, you shouldn't have too much problems keeping up with traffic (highway). 250 is already a big improvement over 125 because of the wider range in acceleration and better brakes. you want that as there a lot of "blind" car drivers that do not have the capability to respond properly to your kind of traffic. Bikers that have a lot of experience driving a car are the best suited for driving a motorbike. Because you will need to drive for both the car and your bike to avoid accidents.

Driving a motorbike here in Paraguay taught me that.

-Shades (September 02, 2014, 10:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually almost hit a bunch of retarded bikers today when pulling onto the motorway...they decided not to bother changing into the middle lane so we could merge...which...at 70mph when your land is rapidly becoming...well...no longer a lane...becomes problematic...

On the note of a bigger bike, I can only get a 125cc at the moment due to licensing laws which means I can pass a CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) course for £100 which will allow me to ride anything up to 125cc geared motorbike.  I will be getting my full license afterwards, but with a CBT only costing £100, and the full license around £750, the later is the more sane option at the moment.

As for getting the bigger bike, I will either be getting a YZF-600 or an FZR600 or possibly an R6 before moving onto 1000cc bikes (Don't wanna jump in head first).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version