ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Buying a 125CC Motorbike...Your Opinions Wanted!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Shades:
A Suzuki 'hayabusa' or Honda 'blackbird' are definitely no beginner bikes. (Yamaha very likely has a similar bike, but I don't know about, so it was omitted...sue me  :P)

KynloStephen66515:
Yamaha R1 would probably be the fastest in the 'Yammy' range tbh.

I think...to keep up with either of those...you are going to need some type of tuned racing superbike lol. (Track Bike).

Renegade:
I suppose a lot of it depends on where you live and what kind of driving you need to do, but scooters might be something to think about. Some make it much easier to carry more cargo, e.g. for grocery shopping.

But StoicJoker is the one to ask about bikes.
-Renegade (September 02, 2014, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Noooooo, I don't want a scooter...I live in a VERY hilly valley, which I will at least need SOME power for.  I have the car for most tasks...the bike will be commuting to/from work and for days out with the lady.
-Stephen66515 (September 02, 2014, 09:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Got it. Makes sense then. (You can get 125cc scooters though.)

Make sure to hit up SJ for ideas.

40hz:
+1 w/Renegade. Definitely talk to SJ.  :Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker:
I started riding on the street in 1977 - Here's the wife and I on a poker run last month:

Buying a 125CC Motorbike...Your Opinions Wanted!

...So yes I have a preference for Harleys...but they don't (currently) make a 125cc anything.

I can't really speak effectively about specific models as I haven't really kept up on that much since the late 80's. But as far as brands go: For the Jap bikes I've always had a soft spot for Kawasaki, but Honda has a solid reputation and track record for reliability ... Yamaha and Suzuki, not so much. You basically can't go wrong with a Honda. They rocked the industry back in 1968 with the first CB750k, and have maintained a respectable reputation ever since.

Are you looking for a sport bike style ride...or is that all that is available these days? The do have a wee bit of habit of attracting the wrong kind of attention...and they're not as comfortable on longer rides as something with less aggressive ergonomics (like a cruiser).

Back in the day we used to say that anything under 750cc was a girls bike (we prided ourselves on being assholes back then..). But the reality (especially these days) is that more people get killed o the smaller bikes because they don't realize just how fast the things really are. 0 to 60MPH in the sub 4 second range is normal...and 100MPH doesn't take much longer. So don't worry about looking funny on a smaller bike. Because it's far better to be laughed at than cried over in a casket. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version