ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Game (& reviews) industry's silent scandal

<< < (3/3)

40hz:
^Understood. And in agreement.

However, I'd like to think a certain higher standard of courtesy and decorum is possible here even though it may not be the case elsewhere. And because it is possible here, there's not any real reason why we can't or shouldn't hold to a higher standard when it comes to discussion and debate.

Just my :two: anyway. 

vlastimil:

And which definition for "silent" does this scandal fall under?  Even the tl;dr's need a tl;dr summary.

-mwb1100 (September 02, 2014, 02:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Since I picked the title, I should explain...

I am not really that much interested in the two people in the center of the thing. What annoys me is the reaction of the game review webs, their lack of self-reflection, the attempt to sweep it under the rug, the damage control they are desperately trying to do. From this point of view, it is silent. Look for example at this article from yesterday ( http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/02/hundreds-of-developers-are-fed-up-with-the-hate ), it is full of very biased info, blames none others than the gamers for the whole thing and earlier today, it had comments blocked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version