ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Photo panorama creation

<< < (3/13) > >>

Plasma Man:
Carol,

I'm using Panorama Factory which I settled on after a fair amount of testing (a few months ago). Aside from a few panorama sequences, I've been mainly using PF for "over-sized" document archiving (plans, maps, posters, broadsheets etc) and it's been rock solid with excellent rendering quality. The documentation is comprehensive as well. The current version doesn't support mosaics like say "the original and the best" Autostich does, but this is planned for a future release.

As for the other products I looked at, I'll have to look through my notes and report back.

Andre

Carol Haynes:
Thanks Andre - I like PF too

androsk:
Hi. I am new in this area. I would really appreciate if someone of you give me some hints about making a room panorama (in order to make a virtual touring... this is another story  :D) TNX!! :Thmbsup:

Perry Mowbray:
Thanks for your thoughts on this (as I'm thinking of diving into a more powerful programme: I'm just using the Canon provided stiching software).

This is not really panorama, but has anyone looked at PhotoSynth? It's not released yet, but the videos (sales pitch) look amazing!

http://labs.live.com/photosynth/

- Perry

Perry Mowbray:
AutopanoPro has also the capability to merge 2 different exposures of a same pic to achieve a High Dynamic Range (HDR) photo (havenĀ“t tried it).
-elpresi (July 10, 2006, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd be interested in what you thought of this functionality: I've been creating HDR images in PhotoImact quite successfully, but there is no auto-registration which means that the images have to be set up and shot with a tripod (which isn't a huge drama, but does kill the spontaneity)

- Perry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version