topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Photo panorama creation  (Read 44050 times)

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Photo panorama creation
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2009, 08:33 PM »
For creating panoramas I'd recommend either Hugin, which is free, or AutoPano, which isn't free (99 Euro).

Both allow fine control over syncing of points between images, with hugin being a lot easier in this regard, which IIRC you can't do under AutoStitch.

hugin also has options to input the camera lens specifications to fine tune the correction a bit more - if you know them or they're in the EXIF data.

The panoramas in this post I made were created with AutoPano 1.40, (images 2, 5, 11, 12 are only single photos - everything else is a panoramic composition).

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2009, 09:49 PM »
FWIW, Autopano Pro uses Autostitch's technology under license.

We are happy to hear from companies interested in developing products using AutoStitchâ„¢.

Commercial licensing is managed by the UBC Industry Liason Office. Please contact Matthew Brown (mbrown[at]cs.ubc.ca) for details.

AutoStitch is now available in the following commercial products:

* Autopano Pro www.autopano.net (Windows, Mac, Linux)
    * Serif PanoramaPlus www.serif.com (Windows)
    * Calico www.kekus.com (Mac)

The University of British Columbia has also granted a commercial license to Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) www.ilm.com, a Lucasfilm Ltd. company, to use AutoStitch software to produce panoramas for film production.

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2009, 11:46 PM »
Microsoft ICE was a minor part of some other, bigger project, and has not been updated for more than a year. Might never be.

I wanted to warn people about the problem so that they could avoid the time and effort of installing and uninstalling it.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2009, 02:11 AM »
Microsoft ICE was a minor part of some other, bigger project, and has not been updated for more than a year. Might never be.

I wanted to warn people about the problem so that they could avoid the time and effort of installing and uninstalling it.

thanks Arizona,
any chance you could reduce the images to thumbnail view in your previous post ?
- instead of [attachimg=#], use [attachthumb=#] - listed as "inline thumb attachment" in the dropdown box - thanks!

Would make it easier to get an overview ;)
Tom

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2010, 06:59 PM »
I got 2 panoramas of the South Pole station made in 2008 before the Dome was dismantled. Both are 360 degree *.swf files, one is spherical. You scan them by moving the mouse's cursor in the picture. Here is a link to them:Panorama  Adventure Antarctica. Thank you Tomos for that help, I will edit that post.
S. Pole panorama.jpgNew South Pole Station .jpg
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:16 PM by Arizona Hot »

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2010, 03:58 PM »
That's just showing off ...

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2010, 04:09 PM »
Nice scene though!

I felt colder than I already was -- and it wasn't particularly warm before I started :)

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2010, 05:08 PM »
This is still free from Curt's post.
Updated this year.

http://www.wpanorama...ama.php?r=1262473544

Serif has a free version on it's Panorama.

http://www.freeserif.../panoramaplus-se.asp

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Photo panorama for Windows 10
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2015, 05:13 PM »
This is still free from Curt's post.
Updated this year.

New (apparently stable) beta version for Windows 10:
WPanorama version 10.1.2 beta available since August 14, 2015: http://www.wpanorama.com/beta.php

With WPanorama you can display panoramic pictures by letting them scroll horizontally or vertically on the screen. You can use this software to view the gorgeous 360° swiss panorama included with the program, the 3'474 panoramas available on this site or your own pictures in .jpg or .bmp format.
-WPanorama

Normal homepage: http://www.wpanorama.com/wpanorama.php
Revision history: http://www.wpanorama..._version/history.txt
Details of some WPanorama settings and features: http://www.wpanorama...eenshots.php#FreqSet

The package includes a viewer and a screen saver

scrmain.jpg
Before updating from a version 7 or older to a version 8 or newer, it is strongly advised to uninstall the old version, as the files are not installed in the same folders. After the new version is installed, you should move your data files (images and ".wpa" configuration files) from the "C:\Program files\WPanorama\" folder to the "WPanorama" folder located in your personal folder ("My documents" or "Documents").
------------------------------
WPanorama is distributed as a freeware. This means you don't have to pay for it, it has no functionality limitations and you can use it for as long as you want. However, if you really like it and wish to make a donation to its author, you can do it by using "this" link

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2015, 08:28 PM »
ICE current version.jpg

A lot has happened since 2009. This is a screenshot of the version information of the current version of Microsoft ICE.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2017, 08:58 AM »
free and really fine panorama viewer: http://www.wpanorama.com/

a new version of WPanorama is finally available.

The main differences with the previous version are:

- WPanorama can check at startup if a new version is available and, if it is the case, gives the possibility to connect to the site in order to download it.

- The software now uses your current web browser to display the map showing the panorama location. This has been made in order to solve a compatibility issue between Google Maps and wpanorama web browser. The advantage is that the map can now be displayed in a larger size.

- Miscellaneous improvements in the menus and the help.

- Correction of a few bugs, one of them which could, under certain circumstances, disable the current screensaver.

You will get more details by using the "Help - Version history..." function of the new version of WPanorama.

As usual, WPanorama can be downloaded either by using the "Help - Check Web for update" function of your actual version, or from http://www.wpanorama.com/ homepage, thanks to the "Download WPanorama" link.

In the future, you will not receive this type of message anymore, as WPanorama is now able to notify you when new versions are available.

Don't forget to visit WPanorama website once in a while, as many new panoramas are regularly added.

With my best regards

Pierre-Alain Bovard
-WPanorama 11.0.1

WPanorama, always recommended, but maybe the GUI suffers from French thinking.