ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Photo panorama creation

<< < (11/13) > >>

4wd:
For creating panoramas I'd recommend either Hugin, which is free, or AutoPano, which isn't free (99 Euro).

Both allow fine control over syncing of points between images, with hugin being a lot easier in this regard, which IIRC you can't do under AutoStitch.

hugin also has options to input the camera lens specifications to fine tune the correction a bit more - if you know them or they're in the EXIF data.

The panoramas in this post I made were created with AutoPano 1.40, (images 2, 5, 11, 12 are only single photos - everything else is a panoramic composition).

Darwin:
FWIW, Autopano Pro uses Autostitch's technology under license.

We are happy to hear from companies interested in developing products using AutoStitchâ„¢.

Commercial licensing is managed by the UBC Industry Liason Office. Please contact Matthew Brown (mbrown[at]cs.ubc.ca) for details.

AutoStitch is now available in the following commercial products:

* Autopano Pro www.autopano.net (Windows, Mac, Linux)
    * Serif PanoramaPlus www.serif.com (Windows)
    * Calico www.kekus.com (Mac)

The University of British Columbia has also granted a commercial license to Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) www.ilm.com, a Lucasfilm Ltd. company, to use AutoStitch software to produce panoramas for film production.
--- End quote ---

Arizona Hot:
Microsoft ICE was a minor part of some other, bigger project, and has not been updated for more than a year. Might never be.
--- End quote ---

I wanted to warn people about the problem so that they could avoid the time and effort of installing and uninstalling it.

tomos:
Microsoft ICE was a minor part of some other, bigger project, and has not been updated for more than a year. Might never be.
--- End quote ---

I wanted to warn people about the problem so that they could avoid the time and effort of installing and uninstalling it.
-Arizona Hot (December 30, 2009, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks Arizona,
any chance you could reduce the images to thumbnail view in your previous post ?
- instead of [attachimg=#], use [attachthumb=#] - listed as "inline thumb attachment" in the dropdown box - thanks!

Would make it easier to get an overview ;)

Arizona Hot:
I got 2 panoramas of the South Pole station made in 2008 before the Dome was dismantled. Both are 360 degree *.swf files, one is spherical. You scan them by moving the mouse's cursor in the picture. Here is a link to them:Panorama  Adventure Antarctica. Thank you Tomos for that help, I will edit that post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version