topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:47 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: GOG.com delisting 35 games on September 2, 2014  (Read 3915 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
GOG.com delisting 35 games on September 2, 2014
« on: August 28, 2014, 12:00 PM »
GOG.com will soon be delisting 35 games from their catalog, so they're offering them all for sale in a Last Chance Promo

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

It's probably a good idea to peruse the list and buy any games you want that you've been holding off purchasing until now.

http://www.gog.com/p...special_promo_270814

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: GOG.com delisting 35 games on September 2, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 01:14 PM »
Thx Deo! Finally got off my duff and grabbed the two Black Mirror games and Amnesia since I've been looking at those three for some time now. I'm still waffling over whether I want to own Panzer Elite again. I'm scared that playing it now might destroy my fond memories of it from way back when...(which happened to me with the Ultima titles!)

But I have till September 2 to decide - so no worries! :Thmbsup:

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 01:21 PM »
They also have DRM free movies now.  That was announced in that e-mail too.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 01:32 PM »
They also have DRM free movies now.  That was announced in that e-mail too.

Yup! Right now they only have about 21 indy documentary titles of a type that will mainly appeal to the diehard geek/gamer crowd. But hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg for GoG. TechDirt did a nice little write-up on it here.

GoG's announcement page is here. And the catalog of what's currently available is here.

Fingers crossed this really takes off for them. :Thmbsup: