ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Extremely cool visualization of global statistics over time.

<< < (3/3)

Gothi[c]:
Yeah, I had the same,... looked funky before, looks ok now.
That's a very interesting graph thingie. I passed the url to a friend of mine that studies geographics and demographics. Some interesting results.
I moved from Belgium to the US last year and there's some results there that I always suspected.
There's lots of industry in belgium and lots of city, not much nature around.
Mind you that belgium is a very tiny country, and yet, when you look at the CO2 emission graph(in tons per capita), it is way up there, very close to Japan. Then if you look at
the urban population percentage, it is the 4th in the world, scoring close to hong kong and Macao, in China.
Also interesting is when you look at the military budgets, the US scores very high, along with China.
Hehe, that last one kinda shows the urge to take over the world. Singapore is way up there, along with Jordan and Pakistan.

Then also interesting how Luxembourg is RICH!! if you look at income per capita.

Strange result: Why does Cuba have so many physicians?

db90h:
Nice tool, but please remember that correlation does not equal causation. Like the example the first poster gave, (paraphrasing) "do more doctors per capita increase the average lifespan"? Even if the two are found to be in correlation, that's far from proving causation.

Statistics are evil, evil things designed to kill us all. Oh, wait, I didn't mean to type that.

JavaJones:
Hehe, yes this is very true. My example was not intended to be particularly serious. Nonetheless it's fun to look at. :D

- Oshyan

Deozaan:
Weird... this is the 2nd time I've had rendering issues with Firefox-Rover (June 02, 2006, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

That happens to me rarely, but when it does I just refresh the page and it's better. It's as if the CSS doesn't load properly or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version