ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Massive malvertising campaign on Yahoo, AOL and other sites delivers ransomware

<< < (4/4)

TaoPhoenix:
And people call me a douche or cheap ass for using ad blocking software. Pfft. Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I run it and never click on ads. Sorry, but if you're not vetting your advertisers, I ain't clicking. There's a long road ahead before a decent solution to this problem is created. Actually solving the problem isn't that hard... rolling it out is near impossible.
-Renegade (October 24, 2014, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Naw Ren, I want to chime in with a different sentiment.

Ignoring actual malware "injections", unless you're really savvy it can be tricky to find the actual download link to the legit software that even adblock won't catch because it's local to CNet and so on. There's this big green "download here" button, and way in the corner in grey font is "actual download site" or something.

crabby3:
@crabby3 - Chances are the Vcard was just a freak coincidence, but you're on the right track otherwise.
-Stoic Joker (October 24, 2014, 10:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Musta been a coincidence.  No malware blocks since last Fri. and I've been all over the place here.

Of course running Rkill and unchecking some firewall settings may have helped as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version