ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Laptop Battery Record!

<< < (4/4)

SeraphimLabs:
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 at home that after somewhere around 7 years of faithful service and 2 replacement battery packs it runs for a little under 1 second after being unplugged before shutting off.

It then has to be let sit powered off with the AC connected to it for about a week before it will do it a second time- after that first little bit it just dies instantly until it has been let sit plugged in for several days.

If I was still using it on a regular basis I'd consider picking up another battery pack off of ebay, or possibly even buy an entire DOA unit for the spare parts. I used it so much over the years that almost all of the letter markings have been worn off of the keycaps, and the surface plates actually have wearmarks in them from my wrist resting on it constantly.

Records for most inconvenient battery life while still technically having a working battery?

Cuffy:
I concede!  :(

Hell, 37 seconds is a lifetime compared to what you are living with.  :P

One second??? I doubt that you will have any challengers but I'd be prepared to defend my title!  ;D

In the meantime, I'm going to tether this old Dell and limit its activites to MS Solitare while watching "Elementary". Sherlock intrigues me but I can only understand about half of what he says.... :huh:

Congratulations on your victory and I'm sorry about your laptop. Win one; lose one, and so the world turns. Good luck  :D

KynloStephen66515:
Must admit...my new laptop has a pretty awesome battery!

Works out to be around 8:30hrs when fully charged and screen brightness on 70%...should probably see how it does on appx 40% brightness!

Model: Acer Aspire E-15

All in all...can't complain xD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version