ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Laptop Battery Record!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Cuffy:
................... kids imagine the strangest things  :D

tomos:
Odd, cause lithium camera batteries run down a lot quicker in the cold.
But, in fairness, that is different from actually freezing the things...

And regular batteries will last a little longer if you warm them.

Cuffy:
and to answer your question..............
With the going rate on that old Dell laptop about $20, in serviceable condition, the thought of applying for a gov't grant to run the required tests to compile a freeze time vs runtime comparison and publish a chart for general public use, is what I had in mind.
--- End quote ---

I should have mentioned that $20 price includes the AC adapter. The last time I checked you get the adapter alone for $17.50  ;)

KynloStephen66515:
If you have run it at room temperature, and are going to try freezing...you should also try putting it in the oven...for comparable test data  :Wizard:

Cuffy:
If you have run it at room temperature, and are going to try freezing...you should also try putting it in the oven...for comparable test data
--- End quote ---

That's a good idea.... an opportunity to add another column or two to the chart would undoubtedly mean more grant money,
I'm sure the size of the picture is one criteria considered, (maybe the only one?) in determining the amount of the grant money.
The question is: what are we simulating by baking a battery at 500 degrees?  :huh:
I can't imagine a field condition arising that would even come close to a temperature that high. I can imagine sitting at the bus stop waiting for your ride (I've seen that!)
Did a tour in Africa where it got to 130F one day. So the gov't should buy that temp as being reasonable.  :)
BUT! 500F or even 300F is hard to rationalize.  :-\
Maybe you have an idea???
Animated gifs might help too? An Excel chart with an animated gif in any vacant slot would impress me!
(Does anybody have any idea how long you have to wait for a yea or nay on grant applications?  :D
I'm excited! :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version