ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Laptop Battery Record!

(1/4) > >>

Cuffy:
I'm here to claim a record!

I have a laptop, that after a full night's charge, runs for 37 seconds.......... flat!
 :D

40hz:
That runs longer than this Dell I'm using right now.

It flatlines immediately after you unplug it.  :-\ Runs just fine on AC however. :P

(And yes, I put a new $70 battery in it. That lasted for about a month before it was as NG as the one it replaced. Dell says it's a mobo issue - and since it's out-of-warranty, running it on AC will be just fine, thank you.)
 ;D

Cuffy:
Sorry, I can't accept your challenge!
To be acceptable a challenge must run less than 37 seconds...... :D
In your case, since it doesn't come on at all, the battery may be missing completely, or there may be a slab of pine in there.. :huh:
To prove that a battery is installed and fully charged the machine must come on and run  ;D (if less than 37 seconds further proof may be required)

Better luck next time!  8)

40hz:
Sorry, I can't accept your challenge!
-Cuffy (August 12, 2014, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I wasn't challenging. I was ceding to you. (I agree.  A dead battery and a screwed up power management module isn't at all the same thing.)

Better luck next time!  8)

--- End quote ---

Yeah...I get that a lot. :P

Cuffy:
I'm working on cutting that time down a little too!
I've never run across any results of tests conducted comparing freeze time to run time?
I'm making space in the freezer as we speak but have no idea where to start with freeze time.. :huh:

37 minutes in the freezer may reduce my run time from 37 seconds to 0 without any possibility of recovery? Game over..... nothing learned  :(

Seems like a good place for some calculations but I can't even keep my checkbook balanced so that's out  :huh:

Trial and error seems to be my only option. (this may be a one shot test... hardly acceptable as a valid test in the scientific community  :huh:)

Any suggestions before I stuff this Dell into the freezer and start the timer???
 :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version