ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: WinCovers

<< < (6/9) > >>

Uncle John:
Yikes. It just occurred to me that I might be infringing copyright by implementing this WinCovers idea.

Anyone thought about this issue b4?

nite_monkey:
If you are wanting to temp disable the stuff (just that one use) then you can use a program called showin, it lets you disable, or remove tons of stuff, but just that one time, when you close than reopen the prog they are back

Uncle John:
Are you refering to ShoWin? http://www.foundstone.com/index.htm?subnav=resources/navigation.htm&subcontent=/resources/proddesc/showin.htm

Haven't tried it but the description seems to indicate that in uncovers stuff rather than covering it.

Anyway I've had a bash at programing a solution. See attachments...

My solution uses the the TransColor command. Silver pixels in the "Trigonometry Calculator" window are transparant and reveal only the desired features in the Calculator below.

But there are a few problems.....
1. How do I ensure the Calculator starts Scientific mode?
2. How do ensure that the "Trigonometry Calculator" (TC) is always directly above the Calculator and when the TC is moved the Calculator is also moved and stays directly below.
3. How do I prevent users turning off the Calculator (ie. by right clicking it's icon on the task bar)?
4. How do I close the TC and the Calculator Simulataneously?

I'll have a go at tackling these issues over the next few days but I wouldn't mind some suggestions.

Uncle John:
Attached is the latest version.

Now there are three problems remaining to be solved.....
1. How do I ensure the Calculator starts Scientific mode?
2. How do I ensure that the "Trigonometry Calculator" (TC) is always directly above the Calculator and when the TC is moved the Calculator is also moved and stays directly below?
3. How do I prevent users turning off the Calculator (ie. by right clicking it's icon on the task bar)?

brett:
Hi John

I have not had a chance to read your latest script, will do so soon.

But after your post on the 15th , I thought I would have a stab.

This is just a 1st attempt using only the Calculator to see if we are on the right track,
I have not decided the layout for saving to different windows, or if and how settings are saved to a ini.
So calculator will be the test for now.

The limitations
- with AHK splashimage is that you have only ten covers to work with . but it seems very effective.
- to destroy the wincovers when a different window is active, I minimized the Calculator window to the taskbar.
- it does not stop Shortcut Keys.

FYI. I've talked about this idea with a lot of programmers in the past and they all say it can't be done.
-Uncle John (June 02, 2006, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
Luckily I have never spoke to a programmer, so this does not apply to me.  :)
(Todays learning for dB, AHK splashimage)

Thanks
Feedback welcome
dB
doublebogey

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version