ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Ludum Dare 30: August 22-25, 2014

<< < (9/11) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I prefer to browse the entries through this portal:

http://ludumdare.itch.io/
-Deozaan (October 28, 2014, 03:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is interesting:
Per sort categories, do you know if it pulls the same games in the same order?

One discouraging thing about the LD site is that I'm pretty sure at x intervals, when you do "preview", it pulls different games for the "first page" etc on different days. So I was getting tired, but I'd bet a sandwich that after having gone through 16 of 106 pages, what's on today's page 1 is not the same page 1 I looked at yesterday! So it's tricky to mark your progress and be methodical!

And yes, the changeable icons make some difference. I'll have to find a way somehow to merge using both pages.

Deozaan:
-TaoPhoenix (November 10, 2014, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I believe so, but I haven't done anything to absolutely verify that to be the case.

TaoPhoenix:
-TaoPhoenix (November 10, 2014, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I believe so, but I haven't done anything to absolutely verify that to be the case.
-Deozaan (November 10, 2014, 06:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, it's unclear this early, but LD has already flipped their rotator (it might be automated) because the new ones on page 1 are nothing I recognize. On the itch.io under All Games / Most Rated, there's a black circle logo called Close your eyes. So if that stays there, we have our answer. The small nuisance is that there's no "page #", more of a Tumblr Super-Scroll, but then that's something I can use one of my third copies of FF to do and park it on a less used virtual desktop splitter tab and then slowly drift through it bit by bit.

Deozaan:
That's what I see, too.

Ludum Dare 30: August 22-25, 2014

TaoPhoenix:
Here's a non-LD game I'd like to see your opinion on. It's definitely Phoenix-Easy.

http://blocsilent.itch.io/dance-to-the-finish
-Deozaan (November 10, 2014, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, I'm gonna try to use some careful wording, because I may be missing giant creatures in the room.

What ... is this ... "piece of software" supposed to do?

If I scroll to the right for twelve seconds, I ... Win!?!

For this post I am avoiding the topic I had to work harder to avoid paying than "playing" the ... whatever it is.

So do you have any key info that I am missing, such as having adblock running?

My rating system Easy was meant as a rough measure when a bad gamer (me) can get a bunch of levels done in a day or two = easy, whereas a really crisp hand-eye guy can crack what I start calling Mediums, that might take me a week or three. (I'm just terrible at lots of the standard keyboard conventions.)

But this thing is ringing a bell like I'm missing something huge, so officially I can't rate it yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version