ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New "censorship" technique on Youtube

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
It seems Youtube has come up with a way to circumvent complete censorship at the hands of the MAFIAA, and instead reach a compromise.

I came across a video with it. Here's a screenshot:

Contains mildly graphic material

The Youtube message:

This video previously contained a copyrighted audio track. Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted.
--- End quote ---

I've not seen that before, and assume it's relatively new.

I suppose this is a step in the right direction.

Stoic Joker:
Now that is an interesting method of equitable hair splitting.

MilesAhead:
I heard a similar thing was done for an unauthorized Britney Spears video.  Rather than take it down they morphed it to make Britney fat and ugly.  Oh. Wait a second.  I stand corrected.  The video is unmodified after all.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8VYOfr8To

tomos:
The Youtube message:

This video previously contained a copyrighted audio track. Due to a claim by a copyright holder, the audio track has been muted.
--- End quote ---

I've not seen that before, and assume it's relatively new.
-Renegade (August 08, 2014, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

They used do that a few years back - but maybe that was just here in Germany. I've also seen videos where the music was replaced by YT with copyright free music.

oh yeah,
Miles! you've been hanging around with too many skinny models !! :P

Renegade:
They used do that a few years back - but maybe that was just here in Germany. I've also seen videos where the music was replaced by YT with copyright free music.
-tomos (August 08, 2014, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, FFS! This is what I hate about all this geo-location BS.  :mad:  >:(

Does it really matter where you are? Sigh...  :-\

Why must they always screw everything up? Oh, that's right... we have laws...  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version