ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

Drive Policies Management Toolkit BETA

(1/2) > >>

pax:
Hi all,

some time ago I wrote about a project I had been about to start working on. I went "underground" for a while or two, or seventy, but now I come up with something that I believe is mature enough to be called a beta. There is only one feature that remains to be developed, which will rely on features that are already out there.

I won't comment on its GUI anymore. I spent way too much time thinking and rethinking over this.

What I would like you to do would just be to give this little program a try. Your thoughts, bug reports (unless I've caught the biggest ones), whatever. For someone else to run it and write something about it. I am still working on some kind of ReadMe. Below I enclose the part of it that will be useful to you.

You can have all program windows opened at once. For those of you who did not pay a lot of attention to drive policies: open Drive Letter Selective Policies window and NoDriveTypeAutoRun window (don't change anything in them, just open them). Then, open Settings window, click the checkbox at its bottom and look how the values in the other two windows are changing.

NoDriveTypeAutoRun handler window allows to restore system's default value of NoDriveTypeAutoRun. I would be really thankful for information whether the program properly recognizes your operating system ("Select default" button).

The program allows to generate .REG files with the settings you change in the program. All of the settings are remembered during program's workflow - you can close its windows, open them again and your settings will be there. The program is designed to make it impossible to close its main window when different windows are opened - the user needs to close all windows of the program in order to terminate it.

When you get lost in the wild of windows, it's enough to find main window of the program and click the button to bring the window you're trying to reach to top.
I will also be glad for your grammar reports, English is not my native language and yet I have to learn a lot.

Ath:
Screenshot?
Short explanation?

pax:
Drive Policies Management Toolkit is an advanced Windows drive policies query and management utility. It enables the end-user to hide, prevent access to or selectively disable Autorun for particular drive letters. Furthermore, it supports drive type Autorun disable policy. You can also set the USB Write Protect policy: turn it on, turn it off or un-define. It is possible to generate a .reg file with settings you specify in the program.

Main window (skip the green rectangle):

Drive letter selective policies:

NoDriveTypeAutoRun control window:

USB Write Protect control window:

Settings:

Window for REG file generating:

wraith808:
Just my opinion, but that interface looks a bit too busy for what it does, especially for the Drive Letter policies.  I know I wouldn't use it personally because of that.  Just feedback...

Stoic Joker:
Just my opinion, but that interface looks a bit too busy for what it does, especially for the Drive Letter policies.  I know I wouldn't use it personally because of that.  Just feedback...-wraith808 (August 04, 2014, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 - I was trying to find a tactful way of saying that this morning, but ran out of time.

Maybe a ListView control with an options panel might be nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version