ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anybody seriously think an e-book is still the better option most times?

<< < (2/4) > >>

wraith808:
^ You've got it! :)  And a great idea too!

40hz:
I'm not saying it's reasonable, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be fair.
-Vurbal (August 01, 2014, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Since when does being reasonable enter into the formula when you're dealing with two-faced slimeball companies? Especially the ones that sre supposedly in business "For OUR children!!!" <*evil grin*>

Vurbal:
^ True, but not a legitimate reason for me to compromise my morals - no matter how satisfying that might feel.

app103:
After reading the story earlier, though, an evil thought popped into my head - I know, hard to believe. I'm sure all of Scholastic's executives own homes. Since sale can equal rental, whoever sold them their houses should be allowed to change their mind and take them back without any repayment.

I'm not saying it's reasonable, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be fair.
-Vurbal (August 01, 2014, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

You mean like when a bank forecloses? Yeah, you don't actually own your home until you have finished paying the bank for it, plus interest. In essence, as long as you still have a mortgage, you are renting the house from the bank, who is the real owner.

40hz:
^ True, but not a legitimate reason for me to compromise my morals - no matter how satisfying that might feel.
-Vurbal (August 01, 2014, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

The only problem with that is that there's a legion of abusers of trust and decency who are counting on the rest of us "to not be like that" or "be better than that." Truth is, their continued existence absolutely depends on it.  :-\

But whatever works best for each of us. Morals are a very personal thing. At the end of the day you still have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror. And there's no putting a price tag on a good night's sleep.

(FWIW I myself sleep like a baby! ;) ;D )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version