topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:47 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Cyberfox Anyone?  (Read 23078 times)

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Cyberfox Anyone?
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 09:14 PM »
As silly as it may seem, i like its ability to show the anniversary number of any given record.
I don't have to go in the notes section to calculate, well, hey, Joey is celebrating his 50th wedding anniversary.
Just give it a category with options that show you the number of recurrences and that's it!

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 10:16 PM »
How are you getting an Android version of Palemoon? I can't find it on the Google Play Store, nor can I find a download for it on the Palemoon website.

https://forum.palemo....php?f=39&t=4964

Thank you!  :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 05:32 AM »
Just gave Cyberfox a spin - at first it looked spiffy but after syncing with Mozilla, everything just went quirky and toolbars were out of order. I have about 20 addons with Firefox that work just fine there. Don't feel like going through a tedious process of elimination with Cyberfox.

I don't use sync.  So if that triggers a bug I wouldn't notice.  I use FEBE and SyncPlaces to sync to a local folder.  Now and then I upload via FTP.  At this point I only have the Laptop.  To update FF Portable on my Windows 7 VM I just drag and drop the entire FF Portable folder.

Edit: That reminds me.  I should install CF on the x64 Windows VM as default browser.

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 07:52 AM »
With that in mind, think i'll give CF another look.
The creator of SyncPlaces really expresses well my feelings with regards to Mozilla and recent changes in Firefox.

I've been trying to adjust to Australis but i really do find myself more "cornered" so to speak.
It's a similar sensation to when i use Google Chrome (or any Chrome based browser).

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 07:53 AM »
BTW, can't use Mouser's creations in Linux.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 08:02 AM »
With that in mind, think i'll give CF another look.
The creator of SyncPlaces really expresses well my feelings with regards to Mozilla and recent changes in Firefox.

I've been trying to adjust to Australis but i really do find myself more "cornered" so to speak.
It's a similar sensation to when i use Google Chrome (or any Chrome based browser).

I'm using Classic Theme Restorer mainly because I'm using Glass on Windows 8.  Otherwise I'd have to install TabMix Plus and set custom background color for tabs to read the labels.

I never liked Ribbons.  But I got used to chromium.  It launched so fast I put up with the wrench then the hash mark or whatever it is.  I went back to FF once I saw it had speed comparable to chromium using a single exe. On Firefox first thing I do is enable the Menubar and BookmarksBar.

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 08:24 AM »
I'm missing something in CF.
After manually installing most of my favorite addons, i lost the url bar.
Removed all (most) of addons and still would not come back.

So, now i'm giving Palemoon a second chance.
No need for Classic Theme Restorer here and i like to have my favorite "Classic Compact" theme which will probably never be available for Asstralis.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 09:00 AM »
I think the FF release cycle is just too fast.  And it's driving the spin-offs to keep up.  Seems like if it's FF or Pale Moon or whatever, it works for a couple of updates, then it's funky for a few.

A lot of time is wasted trying out supposedly stable versions only to uninstall after a bad patch.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 01:30 PM »
Love to encourage software programmers when possible.
Don't always feel the same dedication in Linux as with Windows based.

Yeah, there's that. But that's what a dev's steady diet of "gratitude - but never any green" sometimes gets us. ;D

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2014, 09:11 PM »
Calendarscope sounds like another application with a dozen possible replacements. What is its special ability?
True.  But Calendarscope is REALLY fast.  And the coloring of events is probably the best i've ever seen.  Still difficult to justify the price though.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2014, 09:13 PM »
I think the FF release cycle is just too fast.  And it's driving the spin-offs to keep up.  Seems like if it's FF or Pale Moon or whatever, it works for a couple of updates, then it's funky for a few.

A lot of time is wasted trying out supposedly stable versions only to uninstall after a bad patch.

This.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2014, 10:08 AM »
I think the FF release cycle is just too fast.  And it's driving the spin-offs to keep up.  Seems like if it's FF or Pale Moon or whatever, it works for a couple of updates, then it's funky for a few.

Yeah.  They went crazy once they tried to keep up with the chrome version numbers.  But, you know, it's one of those business things, and those business guys seem to always be laughing at us technical folk.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 10:21 AM »
Just a quick update.  So far nothing weird.  Even that search page on Windows forums Tutorials is showing up now.  It must have been a site glitch they fixed that only effected FF based browsers.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2014, 04:30 PM »
Hmmm Super Anti Spyware portable has a new look.  It used to find about 50 tracking cookies on every Quick Scan.  Now it doesn't find any.  I'm wondering if it's because:

a) the new SAS doesn't detect them even though they are there
b) I switched from FF 30 to Cyberfox 31 x64 so there aren't any
c) SAS doesn't look where Cyberfox puts its cookies

Has anyone noticed this SAS change?

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2014, 04:57 PM »
Hmmm Super Anti Spyware portable has a new look.  It used to find about 50 tracking cookies on every Quick Scan.  Now it doesn't find any.  I'm wondering if it's because:

a) the new SAS doesn't detect them even though they are there
b) I switched from FF 30 to Cyberfox 31 x64 so there aren't any
c) SAS doesn't look where Cyberfox puts its cookies

Has anyone noticed this SAS change?

well that's interesting.  If it weren't for cyberfox, i'd say it definitely has to do with the SAS makeover.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2014, 06:08 AM »
It seems that way.  I ran Quick Scan and got nada.  Then ran MBAM threat scan and got 53 PUPS.  That's about the same number as the tracking cookies SAS always reported.  I guess I'll try a full scan on SAS next time.

Edit:  I'm doing a full scan and it's finding stuff now.  I liked the old way.  I could kill the scan after it found the tracking cookies and delete them.  Only took about a minute.  Oh well.  At least it seems to be working.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 06:20 AM by MilesAhead »