ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

[Error] Network homedirectory problem UNC paths

(1/2) > >>

justice:
I'm using Screenshot Captor on a PC where the user's home directory, desktop and documents folders are stored on a network drive (stupid idea) and this is causing startup issues with the following message:

Error moving files: could not create directory OLDER

This is followed by:
Screenshot Captor - Disabling the auto-moving of old screenshots from now on. If you wish to re-enable it, see the 'Saving and Loading Files' tab in options.

Then a folder is created in the root of the harddisk with the name and path of the networkshare ie C:\SERVER\path\to\homedrive\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor because SC does not understand UNC paths (\\SERVER\share).

SC then proceeds to startup correctly.

Shades:
If you make the folder (structure) manually on the UNC location, can ScreenshotCaptor access it?

In case that is true, that would solve your immediate problem at least.

justice:
No SC can't access the folder even after moving it.

mouser:
Im having a hard time reproducing this; can you make sure you are running the latest version and then let me know if the original problem is still occurring?

justice:
In ScreenshotCaptor v4.8.5 the issue is resolved. I removed the root folder and it's no longer recreated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version