ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Diamond Editor, multi-platform successor to Crimson Editor

<< < (4/5) > >>

Tuxman:
This kind of "evolution" is actively encouraged by distributors though.

MilesAhead:
This kind of "evolution" is actively encouraged by distributors though.
-Tuxman (July 31, 2014, 06:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now if they just made Windows so it worked without having to know anything.  ;)

Cuffy:
Interested because I can't find one damn editor on Linux that will do what Notepad++ or TextPad will do.  They each do bits and pieces of what I need, and the rest can be accomplished with sed and whatnot, but dammit, I just want one text editor that is more than a notepad, and less than an IDE.  I'd heard that Sublime Text can do everything I need, but the price of admission is a bit steep for me.  Diamond won't compile for me, so trying the binary...
-Edvard (July 29, 2014, 01:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

My needs for an editor, I'm sure, vary greatly from yours, but I have tried most of the ones mentioned.
I used Notepad++ for awhile but dropped it for Notepad2. Customize the menu bar (I like the X for delete at the very end)
Notepad handles html, highlights, etc., but it sure would be nice to highlight javascript and delete it ALL!
Yea, and fix lazyload.! :D

Edvard:
Good luck using a Windows style editor when your X won't start and you'll have to fix config files on the terminal when you never dug into vi/Vim or similar editors.
-Tuxman (July 31, 2014, 05:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very true, which is why I use Nano for quick config file editing.  I only use a graphic editor when I'm intending to work graphically.  The best way to put it is, I use a text-mode editor when I mean business, and a GUI editor when I'm crafting art (scripting, programming without an IDE, hand-coding SVGs, cleaning up mp3 playlists, etc).  Two different mentalities, two different tools.

Tuxman:
Geany?  ;D

I talked to a Linux freshman once. He complained that geany doesn't work on his ssh.  :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version