ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does google have to be *everywhere*?

<< < (2/2)

40hz:
Updating software to cripple it is below low. It's kind of hard to believe. Is that right? Am I reading wrong?
-Renegade (July 27, 2014, 08:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. You're just being shown (the hard way) what that "terms of this service are subject to change without notice" clause is all about. :o

Renegade:
But to actively cripple something that people paid for?  And release a less robust version?
-wraith808 (July 27, 2014, 12:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wait a second... Is this a push to cripple the app? I also bought QuickOffice, but rarely use it. I simply bought it for that one rare occasion in the future when I'll "need it right bloody now!"

Updating software to cripple it is below low. It's kind of hard to believe. Is that right? Am I reading wrong?
--- End quote ---

Nope, you're not reading wrong.  And yes, they crippled it.  Look at the review page for the google version of QuickOffice.  QuickOffice Pro HD isn't available anymore.  And I was in that same boat... I rarely used it, but when I needed it, it was good.  Not anymore.
-wraith808 (July 27, 2014, 08:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ooops. My mistake. I just checked... I did have the trial of QuickOffice before, but went with Documents To Go and Polaris Office instead. I forget why I didn't buy QuickOffice. Still, doesn't make what they did any less douchey.

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

Nope. You're just being shown (the hard way) what that "terms of this service are subject to change without notice" clause is all about. :o
-40hz (July 27, 2014, 09:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure that a locally running application is a service.

But, once again, this only fuels my hatred and loathing major psychotic f**king hatred of SaaS, web services, "online blah blah", and the entire mentality behind all of that. *)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version