topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: What about Condaleezza Rice and Dropbox?  (Read 11645 times)

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What about Condaleezza Rice and Dropbox?
« on: July 25, 2014, 09:51 PM »
Ed Snowden claims that Condaleezza Rice (NSA spy) now works for Dropbox.
Should we worry now about our data there or just "surrender" like many have with Google?

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: What about Condaleezza Rice and Dropbox?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 09:58 PM »
Ed Snowden claims that Condaleezza Rice (NSA spy) now works for Dropbox.
Should we worry now about our data there or just "surrender" like many have with Google?

Yes. Worry. Then worry some more.

Keep in mind that she is a war criminal [1] [2] [3 - even the shills talk about it] [4]. So... yeah... worry.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 11:44 PM »
Her working there doesn't increase the likelihood of anything. When spying exists or occurs it just does, doesn't need relevant individuals right there.

Lutz_

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 12:27 AM »
The Rice "hiring" proves that the dropbox leadership only cares about influence and power in addition to money -  not about any morals.  This was a move to buy political influence; certainly not "intelligence"   :D  (in whatever from).

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 05:03 AM »
;D very good Lutz!

Problem is... have been saving data there for quite some time.
Even if deleted, it still lingers on their servers no?
Then again, not that i have any hate data or things NSA doesn't already know about.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 06:13 AM »
The problem is that an NSA spy named John Doe could work for anyone and you would not know it. It's more likely that if they were going to spy on you, they'd use someone with a name you don't know, maybe 20 names you don't know, and wherever they sent them in, those that run the service wouldn't know it either.

Did you know the name Ed Snowden before he came forward and spilled the beans? I didn't. But the fact remains that he was spying for the NSA.

They could have a spy working at the supermarket where you shop, spying on customer purchasing data, connected to actual names through the use of those little loyalty/discount cards. They could have a spy working at your local library. They could have a spy working for your employer. How would you know if they did or didn't?

I think the more important issue is how comfortable you feel storing your data anywhere, not just on those servers in which you know you can access backups that linger, like Dropbox.

No matter where you store it, there will be backups. No matter where you store it, there could be a spy.

I am not saying this to make anyone paranoid, just stating a reality that has existed for a very long time.

I think about the only highly popular internet service that can be confirmed not to have kept backups of their users' data was Ma.gnolia. And we know how that turned out. But even they could have had a spy working there, while they were still running, and none of us would have known it, and even those that ran Ma.gnolia wouldn't have known it.

So, you are either going to live your life afraid of the Boogey Man everywhere you turn. Or you are just going to live your life and only worry about confirmed Boogey Man sightings. And the Boogey man's name isn't Condaleezza Rice. The last big confirmed Boogey Man sighting, the name was Ed Snowden.  ;)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 07:12 AM »
There are lots of Boogey Men. Lots. (Snowden just shone a flashlight on what some Boogey Men did.)

Via Techdirt, let's have a look at a few:

https://www.techdirt...-venn-diagrams.shtml

Revolving Door.jpg

Dropbox is most closely related to the Comcast & Media Venn diagrams.

Those diagrams are a bit older, and slanted, but it doesn't matter (more here and here - text only) - industry loves to have govt. insiders on their payroll. 

Condaleeza is no exception. It's not going to turn out well for anyone except her and her employer.

Dropbox will lobby for more regulations to "protect people's privacy". Those regulations will include Trojan horses like they always do. The end will be a disaster, just like it always is.

CR will help facilitate that.

Just as an example, Dropbox may lobby for government oversight or licensing of public or private file storage services, or some kind of additional "security measure" that companies would have to meet (possibly in order to be licensed). Maybe it's for privacy, or security, or "think of the children" - there will be some BS reason. That would create additional overhead for anyone looking to get into that business, which favours the incumbents - convenient for Dropbox. Meanwhile, some clauses or phrase in there is corrupted to further allow the erosion of privacy or that will criminalise something and instantaneously create millions of "criminals" out of thin air so that more prisons can be built (think of the jobs!) and be filled (more jobs!).

But you don't need to be a war criminal - you just need to be a corrupt District of Criminals insider. (BTW - that's a doubly-pleonastic phrase.)

It's influence peddling - that's all.

The job she should be doing is peeling potatoes in a prison kitchen.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 07:27 AM »
So, you are either going to live your life afraid of the Boogey Man everywhere you turn. Or you are just going to live your life and only worry about confirmed Boogey Man sightings. And the Boogey man's name isn't Condaleezza Rice. The last big confirmed Boogey Man sighting, the name was Ed Snowden.

She's got a point there folks ... Not to mention that keeping people spooked, off-balance, and afraid of each other is all part of "the game".

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 10:58 AM »
So, you are either going to live your life afraid of the Boogey Man everywhere you turn. Or you are just going to live your life and only worry about confirmed Boogey Man sightings. And the Boogey man's name isn't Condaleezza Rice. The last big confirmed Boogey Man sighting, the name was Ed Snowden.

She's got a point there folks ... Not to mention that keeping people spooked, off-balance, and afraid of each other is all part of "the game".

Part of the game?  That is the game...!

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 09:02 PM »
Ya, life would sure be boring if didn't have some boogie man stories.

James Corbett of TheCorbettReport recently put out a good report about the FED (Century of Enslavement on his video page). That, and reports about Bilderberg group are fascinating. But the one that tipped me off most so far, "All Wars are Banker Wars". That explains best what the "game" is all about to me.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 10:37 AM »
Ya, life would sure be boring if didn't have some boogie man stories.

James Corbett of TheCorbettReport recently put out a good report about the FED (Century of Enslavement on his video page). That, and reports about Bilderberg group are fascinating. But the one that tipped me off most so far, "All Wars are Banker Wars". That explains best what the "game" is all about to me.

Cannot, contain, volume, or CAPs, or BOLD...

MASSIVE BOLD FONT!!!

I FUCKING LOVE JAMES CORBETT!

That's an excellent documentary!

For more, see here (links at the bottom).

In other news, I'm still working on a blog post to illustrate that fiat currencies as they are now are not truly fungible, and that their fungibility is an obfuscation and lie. This is a big deal for anyone interested in monetary theory. (I'll post it in the Basement when I'm done.)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 10:57 AM »

I addressed that above.

There is no need to live in fear.

CR and other whores will work to undermine any remaining freedoms people have.

The point is to understand the revolving door for what it is - a way for government whores to whore themselves out to industry corporatists that use those whores to create legislation to destroy competition and also destroy any remaining freedoms that you have.

F*** fear. We have weapons against them. Cryptography is one of the best things going for us.

Cryptography puts us in a position of power. It strips the ruling class of their informational power that they have used for so long to enslave people.

Here's a thread that talks about Maidsafe, which is a further undermining of the elite power over information:

https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=38549.0

We are winning. There is no need for fear - only for awareness.

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 01:58 PM »
If MaidSafe "maid" it to Forbes (ha!) do you think its managed to magically go under the NSA's radar?

BTW, always wanted to be a "farmer" - hay fever stopped me.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 02:13 PM »
If MaidSafe "maid" it to Forbes (ha!) do you think its managed to magically go under the NSA's radar?

BTW, always wanted to be a "farmer" - hay fever stopped me.

You don't have to magically do anything.  It's more a matter of resolve and transparency.  With the source being OSS, it's a bit harder to sneak things in.  Very similar to Truecrypt and why its sudden attempted assassination was all the more ridiculous.

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 02:24 PM »
Briefly, back to Dropbox account...

If i were to delete my account, wouldn't that kind of raise a few eyebrows at Dropbox?
And again, even when i delete data, Dropbox keeps in memory for a while for the user but what about the company?

@Renegade - did notice that the Money Makers is no longer available on Youtube.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 03:15 PM »
Dropbox, like other cloud services, has data retention policies. However, he problem is the same as I said before. What's written and what happens may not be the same (also makes no difference if Rice actually holds an office there or not )

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 05:02 PM »
By the look of things they should have named the service Dead Drop. 

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 05:25 PM »
Ms. Rice is a non-issue.

We all know what she is and what she's done.

We all know she will never be prosecuted for it.

There are far more important things to worry about than her continued presence.

She remains what she always was: yet another willing pawn in somebody else's ugly game.

Forget her.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 04:19 PM »
Very similar to Truecrypt and why its sudden attempted assassination was all the more ridiculous.

Attempted assassination? You mean TrueCrypt survived? :huh:

Sorry for going off-topic.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 07:33 PM »
Very similar to Truecrypt and why its sudden attempted assassination was all the more ridiculous.

Attempted assassination? You mean TrueCrypt survived? :huh:

Sorry for going off-topic.

Why yes.  It is hosted in several places, and a branch project has begun.