topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: AUSPEX (Text expander with regexp features)  (Read 5200 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
AUSPEX (Text expander with regexp features)
« on: July 25, 2014, 07:15 PM »
https://www.donation...x.php?topic=26050.50

There are a lot of posts with more 360 days old about this theme. I was doubting if undig the above post, but better begin another one.

There are a lot of text expanding programs, but only a few with regexp capabilities like AUSPEX .

The need of implementing is not assumed by all programmers. (At least in my poor interpretation)

http://msdn.microsof...8v=office.11%29.aspx            Yes
http://www.emeditor....ting-wildcardsregex/               Yes
https://forum.openof...amp;p=319848#p319848    No
http://forum.pspad.com/read.php?2,31025                                                                 No
Phrase Express                                                                                                      No (See the first link)
Auspex                                                                                                                Yes (See the first link)
I found another paid program with an old installer in the style of windows 98 SE : Instant Text 7 Pro with an interesting feature : automatic glossary creation. But I think this last program don't have the regexp feature. And in despite of the installer the programmer tells is up to windows 8.
There are not much more explicitely in the web for windows in this aspect.
But really the powerful of regexp - in my opinion - is present inside any grammatical style corrector or spell checker (ortography).
But is not so often in the auto correct or auto replace option.

Why ?
May be two reasons :
1. The first is told by Bartel from Phrase Express
2. The second is because is Sancta Santorum Area for Programmers.

About a few months ago i put a post in this forum about recombine the expression "*** JOSE ***  July 24, 2014 at 12:12am " to search in a screenshot folder and screenhots created by ScreenShot Captor.
Read the expression in several ways to search in my screenshots folder i created every month.
See the screenshot for the configuration.
Reach the answer take a considerable time to a good friend programmer because is not easy - unless you use often regular expressions - the first time. And he does good professional software but we made loose the temper to more than one programmer while the program was not complete because of the necessary stress trying.

At the present moment I don't doubt try AUSPEX because of the reasons explained by others in the first link above.
Obviously the rest are not options for me at the beginning.

AUSPEX has the courage to try or experiment with the difficulties of the regular expressions. I have seen a post to orient with tricks about the use of the program . Don't have a help file or a link to that post.

I am trapped several weeks ago with these type of programs during my holidays. Just because the word, in all its aspects, is the tool for searching and study.

At the present moment there are a few tools to summarize text, but really nothing about simplify the spanish language to improve the readability. There are projects now that seems in stand by waiting to end this year.

I try to download a free dictionary generator and fills my pc with viruses.

I try to learn conlangs , but don't find a useful tool for me.

:-*

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: AUSPEX (Text expander with regexp features)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 04:34 PM »
Instant Text 7 Pro with an interesting feature : automatic glossary creation. But I think this last program don't have the regexp feature.
I just checked IT7's Help file and can find no mention of regular expressions.  Personally, I don't see the need for regexps in a text expander.  You might be better served by trying a bulk search-and-replace tool, something like HandyFile Find And Replace (HFFR), which does support them.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:42 AM »
Instant Text 7 Pro with an interesting feature : automatic glossary creation. But I think this last program don't have the regexp feature.
I just checked IT7's Help file and can find no mention of regular expressions.  Personally, I don't see the need for regexps in a text expander.  You might be better served by trying a bulk search-and-replace tool, something like HandyFile Find And Replace (HFFR), which does support them.

Thanks rjbull. I will try the link.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 05:06 AM »
Thanks rjbull for the link http://www.silverage...ware.com/archive.php

Superb !!!!!

"Regular Expression Laboratory

Regular Expression Laboratory is an assistant simple to use tool to help you learn and prepare regular expressions.

If you are a developer or just do some text processing tasks, Regular Expression Laboratory is what you need. In fact, you might feel you needed a program like this one but could not formalize your needs. We have done this job for you. Now you can construct your regular expressions with ease and test them by applying to arbitrary text.

The maximum size of a stored regular expression supported by Regular Expression Laboratory is the same as for HandyFile and Text Workbench: the incredible 2MB!

Download Regular Expression Laboratory  2.0.0.1"

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 04:52 PM »
I have not find time yet to study AUSPEX , but I find this interesting tool (really i have in queue to examin) : Language Tool

With this tool you can use an online rules editor with powerful capabilities enough (I think....) to create even a new language, altough the main purpose is contribute to improve corrections in style and grammar of a selected language.

Use XML syntax. Is not for me of course, but a good programmer.

Language Tool Rules Editor

Language Tool Rules Editor Introduction
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:19 PM by Contro »