ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Simple Podcast Player with 30 second skip feature.

<< < (2/3) > >>

wetsmellydog:
Well, now you have me thinking.  Currrently, in Trout, you can set a custom seek jump interval and then use the corresponding skip forward and skip backward buttons.  Is that good enough?
-skwire (July 16, 2014, 10:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just downloaded the current version and found the programmable skip feature. Works like a charm!

One other feature that I did not think about but just thought of as I was trying out Trout again, is a bookmark feature to resume where the podcast left off. One of the podcasts is three hours long (hence the fast forward need!) if I hit stop instead of pause, I would need to find the spot that I stopped at.
This of course is more of a question of possibility than a request. I get to fall in love with Trout all over again!

Thanks!

skwire:
I just downloaded the current version and found the programmable skip feature. Works like a charm!-wetsmellydog (July 16, 2014, 11:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, great.  =]

One other feature that I did not think about but just thought of as I was trying out Trout again, is a bookmark feature to resume where the podcast left off.-wetsmellydog (July 16, 2014, 11:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Trout has a Resume playback on startup option which remembers the last position.  Maybe that is enough for your needs?

wetsmellydog:
Trout has a Resume playback on startup option which remembers the last position.  Maybe that is enough for your needs?
-skwire (July 17, 2014, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

If I click the stop button, it does not remember where I was. The progress bar clears back to zero. If I hit the pause button and close, it does not remember where I was. Now I am getting an error when closing "Error saving list contents". (Windows 7). I received the error both with and without the resume box being checked.

skwire:
If I click the stop button, it does not remember where I was. The progress bar clears back to zero. If I hit the pause button and close, it does not remember where I was. Now I am getting an error when closing "Error saving list contents". (Windows 7). I received the error both with and without the resume box being checked.-wetsmellydog (July 17, 2014, 12:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Either run Trout with administrator rights or run it from a folder that is not UAC protected.  Once you do that, try the resume playback feature again.

wetsmellydog:
Either run Trout with administrator rights or run it from a folder that is not UAC protected.  Once you do that, try the resume playback feature again.
-skwire (July 17, 2014, 12:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep that did the trick. Ran as Admin and did not receive any error messages. Paused playback, closed, opened and voila, back to the spot I paused at.

I guess I need to explore some of the features to programs that I already use. Trout was always my go to program for just listening to music stored on my computer. Since the advent of smart phones, I use that feature much less.

Thanks for all your help as always.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version