ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Simple Podcast Player with 30 second skip feature.

(1/3) > >>

wetsmellydog:
I know there are a few small simple audio players for windows but what I find lacking is the ability to skip 30 seconds ahead or back. It would be great if the skip time could be defined i.e. 5, 10, 20 seconds ect.

I listen to a lot of audio podcasts on my Android phone. My player of choice allows skipping in defined increments. I record and download podcasts onto my desktop computer and would like to be able to skip past the boring parts and continue to the parts that interest me. A slider control is not very accurate.

Some windows players have this feature but you have to push a combo of keys to get a simple skip. I would like to push a button on the player or simply define a single key for the action. The keyboard is not very important as having the feature part of the onscreen player.

Thanks!

skwire:
I can do this one.

wetsmellydog:
I can do this one.
-skwire (July 14, 2014, 11:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am not sure if this would be a simple addition to the Trout player.

skwire:
I am not sure if this would be a simple addition to the Trout player.-wetsmellydog (July 16, 2014, 09:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nah, this will be a standalone file player (based on my Looper app)

skwire:
I am not sure if this would be a simple addition to the Trout player.-wetsmellydog (July 16, 2014, 09:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, now you have me thinking.  Currrently, in Trout, you can set a custom seek jump interval and then use the corresponding skip forward and skip backward buttons.  Is that good enough?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version