ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Filter and order folders by the date of original creation time

<< < (3/3)

4wd:
Wouldn't this suffice?

--- ---dir /od /t:c /ad
You can add any wildcards you like.
-yksyks (July 17, 2014, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

It doesn't really cover the "Even choosing the subfolders i wish more details" bit.

yksyks:
You're right, I concentrated on the expression "to obtain a list". If this should be interactive, then the command line is of no use. However, adding "/s" would list the subdirectories.

DonL:
Filter and order folders by the date of original creation time

I would like to obtain a list of folders by the creation date in the original pc where they were created.
Additionally go to different levels in a tree. Even choosing the subfolders i wish more details . Custumizable.

Best Regards

-Contro (July 15, 2014, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Can you post an example of what output you desire?

Contro:
Sure. I have done in my life about 254 projects. Less sure. But at the beginning i don't use a code. The last one is 254.14
A folder like 254.14 has some folders inside and files.
The .14 correspond to the year, and the resto to a sequencially number.
I begin years ago in the 125 number.
But before that number I usually uses a descriptive name in the folder like : Activ Properties
Some of the old projects are in the folder CUSTOMERS inside the PROJECTS Folder with the numbered works.
I usually do only one project by customer, but i have one i made many.
So this one have a special folder : JOVI and some projects inside this folder.

What I need is obtain a list of the folders by its creation data.

I have move along the years one folders to one pc to another so I observed the modification date is not the creation date and now don't remember how to see the creation date of the work.

Once I have the folders in order i can create shortcuts to renumbered the old ones from 125 to the first. Probable i will not reach the number 1.

:-*

DonL:
So the original creation time is not present in the NTFS Created date of the folders, but only in the folder names? And the problem is *sorting* them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version