ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Homebrewing

<< < (5/12) > >>

Cuffy:
http://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/beer-why-perfect-pour-isnt-enough-0156372/

There's a couple of posts about beer at wonderhowto written by a "girl"!
Do girls know anything about beer???

Renegade:
...a case of 24 bottles of beer was $3.00
-Cuffy (July 21, 2014, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

A case! The cheapest beer here is $3.00 a bottle on sale! A bottle of Chimay is $25.00 for 1 bottle. 1. One. A single.  :o

But, the vintners here are very good, and much better priced, so, I primarily drink wine when I pick up something at the store.

I always thought of home-brewing as being about making a bottled beer (but maybe I'm wrong). Good Guinness on draught is a drink I grew up with and love, but bottled beer is simply a different world - there's such an incredible world of variety out there.
-tomos (July 21, 2014, 01:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've seen a few vids on kegging homebrew, so making your own draught beer is an option. I don't have a keg - just bottles, so I won't be trying that out for a while yet. But, draught beer really is a lot nicer than bottled. And whoever thought that putting beer in cans was a good idea... well, maybe for a few specific purposes, but cans just suck... Even for regular soda cans suck. Glass has a neutral flavour.

http://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/beer-why-perfect-pour-isnt-enough-0156372/

There's a couple of posts about beer at wonderhowto written by a "girl"!
Do girls know anything about beer???
-Cuffy (July 22, 2014, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

From the article:

However, if you're serving bad beer, you might want to get it as cold as possible—almost like a slushy. That way you're less likely to get complaints because no one will be able to tell.
--- End quote ---

If you can drink it at room temperature, it's goooood. :)

When I was a kid, the father of a close friend of mine was a senior grand master wine maker, and we spent a good deal of time with him getting an education on the finer points of wine and the like. He completely spoiled my pallet for wine - his wine's were simply so good that there was no point in trying to buy a wine in the store any longer unless you wanted to be disappointed. But... backstory aside... I remember him once talking about how coldness masks low quality in beer. It's true - try drinking Bud warm... it's like drinking warm piss. Oh... got a story about that, but, maybe later. :P

Cuffy:
..." I remember him once talking about how coldness masks low quality in beer. It's true - try drinking Bud warm... it's like drinking warm piss. Oh... got a story about that, but, maybe later."

I got to go skiing in the alps and stayed in various hotels in Switzerland back in the early 60's (military assignment in southern Italy) In the hotel dining rooms there always seemed to be several older guys drinking beer and their steins always had a container that looked much like a Cuban cigar case, made of aluminum, with a little clip on the side. The waitress was continually dumping that little tube of water and refilling it with hot water from her teakettle.
I was a big beer drinker in those days and the thought of putting an aluminum container full of hot water in a glass of beer was positively revolting. A look around convinced me that they were permanent residents of the hotel and were perhaps demented or alzheimers  patients. At the time I had no idea that warm beer was quite common in Europe............. yeakk! :down:

Stoic Joker:
it's like drinking warm piss. Oh... got a story about that, but, maybe later.-Renegade (July 22, 2014, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

You got a story about drinking warm piss?!? O_o ...Was this during a trip to Brazil by chance??

40hz:
it's like drinking warm piss. Oh... got a story about that, but, maybe later.-Renegade (July 22, 2014, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

You got a story about drinking warm piss?!? O_o ...Was this during a trip to Brazil by chance??
-Stoic Joker (July 23, 2014, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I soooooo do not want to hear this story! :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version