ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MaidSafe - The new decentralized Internet

<< < (3/3)

Renegade:
If 'war' does come to the cyber frontier, you'll know. And in no uncertain terms.-40hz (July 27, 2014, 09:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

*cough* NSA *cough* DHS *cough* DARPA (have a look at the colour scheme at the top... very clever metaphor) *cough* DEPS *cough* BCND *cough* TechDirt *cough* TorrentFreak *cough* EFF *cough* Falkvinge *cough* The Pirate Party *cough* Chris Paget & RFID *cough*  ;)

Man... That's totally the beginning to Sweet Leaf! 8)

Agree. Tom Jennings's Fidonet  :-* had something very similar to that back (somewhat ironically) in 1984.
-40hz (July 27, 2014, 09:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some things are just ahead of their time. It happens.

IainB:
...have a look at the colour scheme at the top... very clever metaphor...
-Renegade (July 27, 2014, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
What - you mean the way the colour scheme shifts from one side of the page to the other through the 7 colours of the rainbow against a black background? As in "SPECTRUM" of electromagnetic radiation? How is that clever? Maybe I am missing something. The screws have been coming loose for years...

EDIT: I just listened to Black Sabbath's "Sweet Leaf" (thanks for providing the link), and I think I see what you mean about that, at least. I never really liked their music so never paid it much attention and would just "tune out" on them if I heard it. So I don't recall hearing that one before, but I feel sure I must have at one time or another - probably on replays of the BBC's "The Old Grey Whistle Test".

Renegade:
...have a look at the colour scheme at the top... very clever metaphor...
-Renegade (July 27, 2014, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
What - you mean the way the colour scheme shifts from one side of the page to the other through the 7 colours of the rainbow against a black background? As in "SPECTRUM" of electromagnetic radiation? How is that clever? Maybe I am missing something. The screws have been coming loose for years...
-IainB (July 28, 2014, 07:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

The US military often refers to "full spectrum domination". DARPA lists their work "across the full spectrum". Everything from, well, as they have it:

AEO - Technology, Adaptability & Transfer
BTO - Biology, Technology & Complexity
DSO - Discovery, Modeling, Design & Assembly
I2O - Information, Innovation & Cyber
MTO - Electronics, Photonics & MEMS
STO - Networks, Cost Leverage & Adaptability
TTO - Weapons, Platforms & Space
--- End quote ---

It's a full spectrum for dominance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page