ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

DBISAM Engine Error # 9732

<< < (2/3) > >>

ClipPete:
Or, even before you try restoring from a backup, you might try exiting CHS, moving all files out of that Database directory, and then restarting CHS to give you a completely empty blank database.  Make sure that works without any errors, and then try restoring one of those backups.
-mouser (July 09, 2014, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think I'll go with this advise rather than the above, because it's simpler and I don't really have anything important in the backups.

Now I couldn't follow the path you gave to get to my database files. I used another path.
I deleted two .dat files. Are these the database files?  DonationCoder_clipboardhelp....dat  and another>

After I deleted them, I still got an error message.
So we're not quite there yet.

I have an idea as to why this all started, but I'll explain that later.
I'd just like to get this working again first.

I didn't see a folder called 'Database'.

Any ideas on how to proceed?
Thanks again!

mouser:
I deleted two .dat files. Are these the database files?  DonationCoder_clipboardhelp....dat  and another>
--- End quote ---
Nope; you want to delete the entire contents of the Clipboard Help and Spell DATABASE subdirectory.
(WHEN I SAY DELETE I MEAN BACK IT UP FIRST JUST IN CASE AND THEN DELETE THE CONTENTS).

The "Database" subdirectory inside your ClipboardHelpAndSpell directory.
This will either be in the installation directory if you are running portably or on Windows XP.
On Windows 7/8 it will be under MyDocuments\DonationCoder\ClipboardHelpAndSpell.

ClipPete:

The "Database" subdirectory inside your ClipboardHelpAndSpell directory.
This will either be in the installation directory if you are running portably or on Windows XP.
On Windows 7/8 it will be under MyDocuments\DonationCoder\ClipboardHelpAndSpell.
-mouser (July 09, 2014, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Mouser!

I am back in business.  :)
I'm running WinXP so I found the folder in my programs folder.

After I deleted the database files and started the program it's running fine again.

I noticed that a couple of the files in the database folder have a .dat suffix.

I believe this is where the problem started.
A couple of days ago I was having problems with a password program.
I noticed that the password database file had been taken over by another program!

So I changed back the program that controls .dat files to the Password program.
I believe this was my mistake.
In doing so, I think the program took over ALL .dat files.

So when CH&S needed its .dat files they weren't available to it.
That's my theory, and I think that's what happened.

So I went into Total Commander and released all .dat files. Now no single program controls all of the .dat files.   :)

mouser:
I suppose it's possible -- it's certainly possible that if another program locked or tried modifiying one of the CHS .dat files that could cause a problem.
But it is very unlikely that simply changing a file association of .dat files could have done this, so I wouldn't be too quick to blame yourself or another program.

ClipPete:
But it is very unlikely that simply changing a file association of .dat files could have done this, so I wouldn't be too quick to blame yourself or another program.
-mouser (July 09, 2014, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

OK.  :)
Anyway, the main thing is that it's working again and I think it will be fine for some time.
Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version