ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: disable all taskbar button flashing

<< < (3/5) > >>

nudone:
I am not sure what you did but it totally broke the prog.

Taskbar fading is kind of broken. It doesn't pay attention to a 255 when mouse inside...keeps it at 200.

or the fade-in time is messed up...not changing from faded to solid when active. I had that set at 10 for both in & out

additionally...the new feature...maybe I am missing something but I couldn't get my taskbar back after activating that...even windows key didn't bring it back...just gave me start menu with no taskbar.

Not sure what settings it should be in what box to make it act normal when I hit the side of my screen with my mouse.

tried -1...no good...tried -10...no good

even killing the app in taskmanager didn't bring back my taskbar...had to log off and back on again.

might want to roll back to previous version till you can get this sorted out.
-app103 (June 04, 2006, 08:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

i can confirm i had exactly the same problems  :(

app103:
your taskbar is huge, would you like to consider using Free Launch Bar or TrueLaunchBar so that you can put all the frequently access applications in a folder, like this:

IDEA: disable all taskbar button flashing
-kimmchii (June 04, 2006, 09:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I like my taskbar just how it is. I have always had a taskbar like this since day 1 of being a Windows user. It's a technique I inherited from my dad. He thinks it's more 'mentally ergonomic' than the default position & style of doing things. I wouldn't have it any other way and I get lost on pc's that don't have it my way.

It's quite organized. And I don't have to open folders to get to my shortcuts...or navagate through my start menu.

What you see is not the normal quicklaunch you usually see on the taskbar in Windows. I closed that.

Each line on my taskbar is a toolbar for a specific type of shortcut. They are all in folders that I add as toolbars. If there are too many on a line there is a tiny bar button that will show a menu for the others, or just slide the seperator bar to see the rest, which is what I prefer doing. There are much more icons there than you see in the screenshot! The most used in each group is on the top line. 

For example...the first toolbar/line you see is all my drives on this pc and a few other related things. Next bar is folders containing the contents of every drive I copied from 2 other computers. Next is system related tools. I have bars related to multimedia, art, communications, programming & web design, games, etc.

Also, the taskbar buttons for open windows are easier to identify when more text is showing on them than you would get with a smaller taskbar. So even if I had no shortcuts at all on it, I would still keep it that size.

I have this on autohide so it's not like this is sticking out like that during normal use. It should only be seen when I make it pop out by hitting the right side of my screen with my mouse. It gives me more screen space to work with when it's hidden.

I hate using the start menu and have even avoided the use of it for shutting down my pc or rebooting on my other computer by having shortcuts to do that job....on my taskbar. And I hate desktop icons...not convienient to have to minimize any windows to see the desktop when I could just move my mouse to the right and accomplish the same thing with my taskbar.

kimmchii:
I have this on autohide so it's not like this is sticking out like that during normal use. It should only be seen when I make it pop out by hitting the right side of my screen with my mouse. It gives me more screen space to work with when it's hidden.
-app103 (June 05, 2006, 02:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

hmm it sounds handy and it's quite a good idea.  :)

the registry key that handle the flash is:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"ForegroundFlashCount"=dword:00000003

have you tried set it to zero or a value to would confuse windows or delete  it see what happens.

jgpaiva:
I think i might have one possible solution: TaskbarEX.
It was mentioned here on DC.

I say this is a solution, because even though it doesn't allow you to disable the flashing, it allows you to take the annoying buttons out. This means that you can place those buttons elsewhere in the screen, and even they do flash, they don't make your taskbar come out anymore.

app103:
I think i might have one possible solution: TaskbarEX.
-jgpaiva (June 05, 2006, 05:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

At first I thought this could be a solution...but then discovered it doesn't work well with IM managers. Moving the button off the taskbar and then switching tabs in the manager results in the taskbar button returning...and still a desktop button too. You could end up with a ton of desktop buttons...one for each person you have in the IM manager...and the taskbar button as soon as you switch tabs in the manager...and it won't let you drag a person more than once off the taskbar.

Still a really cool little proggie though. Might keep it for other reasons/uses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version