ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: disable all taskbar button flashing

<< < (2/5) > >>

skrommel:
 :tellme: Have you tried TaskbarActivate at http://home.nordnet.fr/~pmdevigne/programmes_e.html#ActiveTache?

Skrommel

app103:
Ok...I tried the Taskbar Activate program skrommel suggested, and either I am missing something or it didn't work.

Either way I still have the problem.

Maybe I didn't explain the problem right?

Here is a screenshot of my desktop with the taskbar showing...which it only shows when I make it show...or when the taskbar buttons flash for some reason.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/4351/desktop48gh.png

I am trying to make it stop showing automatically when taskbar buttons flash...by disabling the flashing.

A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of what would possibly have to be done, but I don't have the skills needed to make this tool myself...yet...and I don't want to wait till my next OS to fix it. (3-5 yrs?)

If anybody wants to try to make this I will share what he gave me. He gave me a lot of info links and some ideas as how it would have to be done. Something like a .dll to drop into the folders of offending programs that would take care of it.

He can't make it for me himself, as he's not on windows any more.

He said he had started doing some work on a tool like this awhile back. He may even be willing to share what he has done so far with anyone that may want to finish the job.

skrommel:
 :) Try FadingTaskbar v1.4!

Remember to delete your old ini-file!

I've added a new Settings tab with an option to hide the taskbar when inactive, and an activation rectangle.

By checking Hide when inactive, setting Activation rectangle X to ScreenWidth-1 and Width to 1, I think it will finally behave!

Also remember to check the Autohide property in Windows' Taskbar properties.

Skrommel

app103:
I am not sure what you did but it totally broke the prog.

Taskbar fading is kind of broken. It doesn't pay attention to a 255 when mouse inside...keeps it at 200.

or the fade-in time is messed up...not changing from faded to solid when active. I had that set at 10 for both in & out

additionally...the new feature...maybe I am missing something but I couldn't get my taskbar back after activating that...even windows key didn't bring it back...just gave me start menu with no taskbar.

Not sure what settings it should be in what box to make it act normal when I hit the side of my screen with my mouse.

tried -1...no good...tried -10...no good

even killing the app in taskmanager didn't bring back my taskbar...had to log off and back on again.

might want to roll back to previous version till you can get this sorted out.

kimmchii:
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/4351/desktop48gh.png
-app103 (June 02, 2006, 11:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

your taskbar is huge, would you like to consider using Free Launch Bar or TrueLaunchBar so that you can put all the frequently access applications in a folder, like this:

IDEA: disable all taskbar button flashing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version