topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 2:50 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Reindexing in the background software for databases  (Read 17120 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Reindexing in the background software for databases
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 03:47 PM »
I have downloaded and trying.
The menu remember me the menu from dBASE for DOS in a little console.
But i need help to power the application.
I would like then open all my databases. Index in all fields or locate in all fields in the assisted way and keep this for the next time.
How can I do that ?
I don't observ in the help how to do this. And the option open seems only for one database.

Best Regards
 :-*

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 02:48 AM »
Hi Contro,

No DBU8 will not do what you are expecting, i.e. auto index all fields of all database.

It will,
1. Run in Win64 bit
2. Open DBF files
3. Allow index on one or combination of fields
4. Allow search on the indexed field values.
5. Allow locate value in any given field.

In short it will help you to get information from a DBF file in Win64 bit, but manually.

This I made to help for our in house staff working with our application Ace9 DBF and NTX files, in a Win64 bit environment. Since there is no such utility to handle DBF NTX files in Win64 bit.

To accomplish what you are looking for, one has to make an application for it accordingly.

Though it is a routine job for me, I am afraid, I can not do it as of now.

Regards,

Anand

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 07:03 AM »
Hi Contro,

No DBU8 will not do what you are expecting, i.e. auto index all fields of all database.

It will,
1. Run in Win64 bit
2. Open DBF files
3. Allow index on one or combination of fields
4. Allow search on the indexed field values.
5. Allow locate value in any given field.

In short it will help you to get information from a DBF file in Win64 bit, but manually.

This I made to help for our in house staff working with our application Ace9 DBF and NTX files, in a Win64 bit environment. Since there is no such utility to handle DBF NTX files in Win64 bit.

To accomplish what you are looking for, one has to make an application for it accordingly.

Though it is a routine job for me, I am afraid, I can not do it as of now.

Regards,

Anand

I have yesterday this idea :

My Goldmine is portable. I have developed the possibility of running several times in the same PC. This is allowed by my license.

Only one pc installed.

So I can index on one of my many security copies. I usually backup with syncback free or with cobian backup to a folder.

So I take one of the last copies. I have to modify the ini files to launch from the main executable in the security copies. Like is not possible to have two executables running in the same system i think i can run from a virtual machine  in the same pc.

I usually have the pc ON.

I need a script easy to do for me in AHK or in Autoit.
- Copy one of my security copies to al folder or modify in the security copy folder.
- Modify the ini files replacing some lines to launch the appropiated databases.
- launch the main executable from inside a virtual machine.

Usually Goldmine run slow in the first searching, but after is more quick. In this way i will have a database reindexed with the more ancient registers. I will do this automatically once a week. will be enough

Other solution may be.
Use my Visual dBASE 7 from Borland from inside a virtual machine and make modifications to reindex the database from a security copy. Once i know what i need automate the process with AHK.
 :-*

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 07:04 AM »
Even perhaps i can rename the main executable from Goldmine and run twice. I haven't try that in the same system.
Obviously must be from different databases or at least no concurrent use.
 :P