topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:43 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Youtube Subscription Channels  (Read 15253 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: Youtube Subscription Channels
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 04:03 AM »
These are my headphones:

http://www.akg.com/pro/p/k240mkii

The overear fabric is a velvet cover for them. Very comfy.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 02:18 PM »
These are my headphones:

http://www.akg.com/pro/p/k240mkii

The overear fabric is a velvet cover for them. Very comfy.

They look cool.  (The headphones I mean.) Trouble is you can't hear what they sound like unless you already have them.  Like watching an ad for Flat Screen Super HDTV(or whatever they call that 4k res stuff) on your SD set.  :)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 10:05 PM »
Trouble is you can't hear what they sound like unless you already have them.  Like watching an ad for Flat Screen Super HDTV(or whatever they call that 4k res stuff) on your SD set.  :)

I've found that high-end stores will let you check the merchandise. BestBuy... not so much.

But that problem permeates so many different areas. Want to buy a phone? PSYCHE! You can't try it! (In many stores.) TVs are a different matter -- they always have display models showing something.

However, for those headphones, they're very good. Can you get better? Sure. But you'll pay a premium. You're going beyond the point of diminishing returns there.

For my headphones, I'd summarise them in 3 points:

• Great sound. Drop in some of your favourite tunes and just melt into the music.
  • Very "light" feeling -- not like some that are "heavy" to wear. (The headband on top really helps.)
  • The velvet earphone covers let you wear them forever.

About the only thing that I could really ask for is dual headphone inputs on both the right and left. The jack to plug the phones in is in the left headphone, but my computer is on my right side. Very minor issue, and probably a bit into the unreasonable area.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 06:33 AM »
About the only thing that I could really ask for is dual headphone inputs on both the right and left. The jack to plug the phones in is in the left headphone, but my computer is on my right side. Very minor issue, and probably a bit into the unreasonable area.

Why not just turn them around? They don't appear to be physically/ergonomically directional, and the strict left right relationship is only really critical if you're taking a hearing test..

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 09:04 AM »
Why not just turn them around? They don't appear to be physically/ergonomically directional, and the strict left right relationship is only really critical if you're taking a hearing test..

True.  The fad of making the music seem to circle around your head is long gone afaik.  Besides, it would just circle in the opposite direction I would think.  The plugin thing is more of a hassle with desktop computer speakers.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2015, 03:20 AM »

I have done that, but I don't like to. Yes - I know... it's silly. I like the left on the left and the right on the right...

For music it's not really very important, but for TV shows or movies, it does make a difference, even if it's just hearing the opposite of what you see, e.g. a car crashing on the left side of the screen but heard on the right, etc. It's minor.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2015, 07:00 AM »
I have done that, but I don't like to. Yes - I know... it's silly. I like the left on the left and the right on the right...

Okay, then swap the wiring while replacing the plug on the end of the cable. Just think of it as hacking your headphones ... It's only 3 wires. :D

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2015, 10:50 AM »
Okay, then swap the wiring while replacing the plug on the end of the cable. Just think of it as hacking your headphones ... It's only 3 wires. :D

Hahaha! :D

Yeah, I suppose that would make for a fun little project to reverse an adapter. I'd get a chance to practice my soldering as well. ;D