ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Capture only part of a scrolling window

<< < (2/6) > >>

DaleB:
Hi:
Thanks to all for your replies, but I am still unable to grab a portion of a scrolling screen.

I had SC check for updates, and I am currently using Ver. 4.8.5  (It did need an update).

In the prior instructions,

* Click in your window
* Ctrl+Shift+PrtScr
* Window will be framed with red line
* Ctrl+Click in window
* Click on Option 2 (Manual Scroll) in the dialogue that opens
* Follow instructions,
* Scroll as much or as little as you want
* Follow instructions (Guess margins; Guess overlap) best look at it @ 100% to see it's okay
In order to get the red capture rectangle (frame), I have to press (HP laptop):

fn+Ctrl+Shift+PrtSc

or select Grab Windows Object or Scrolling Window (Ctrl+Shift+PrtScr) from the Capture drop-down menu.

When the list of 4 options appears, I still get

1 - Save the Selected Object/Region Image
2 - Save the Selected Object/Region Image and Choose Another
3 - Begin a Scrolling Window Capture on this Object
4 - Capture Multiple Images, One for each Child Control

> indeed option 3 is what you should choose, and then you should get a dialog that lets you select to do a manual scroll.

I do not get the dialog box for a manual scroll in this list of options.

If I click on Option 3 (above), the I get a new window with two buttons near the top.

Button 2 is Let Me Manually Scroll the Window.

I am presented with  dialog box titled, Manual Scrolling Capture Instructions.  (see 2 attachments)

Maybe we are now on the same page (?).

When I click Button 2 and follow the instructions , I do not get a red rectangle whose width and length
that I can change by "pulling on its corner", so that reshapes up/down and left/right to capture the screen area that I want
to capture. 

An instruction dialog box It tells me to Manual Scroll and take successive screen snapshots which it will stitch together.
This didn't work well...the stitching had lines of texts missing (cut-off horizontally, the letters weren't capture to full height).
And the picture was  captured to fit on a single page, so that it would small (unreadable) when printed.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but...shouldn't I be getting a red rectangle whose length and width I can control by dragging it edges or corner to select the area of the scrolling window that I want to capture ?

And what do I need to set so that the captured image is not scrunched to fit the size on a single piece of paper ?

Thank you

DaleB

mouser:
When I click Button 2 and follow the instructions , I do not get a red rectangle whose width and length
that I can change by "pulling on its corner", so that reshapes up/down and left/right to capture the screen area that I want
to capture.
--- End quote ---

By default the red box will be in OBJECT mode which will autosize to the window region defined by the window control under the cursor automatically.
But if you click on the gear button in the top left you can switch it out of Object selection mode and then resize that window to the exact size and position you want.

DaleB:
Hi:

Thank you for the feedback, but I am still having problems.

Here's what I am doing.

* Open Window that I want  capture
* Press:   fn+Ctrl+Shift+PrtSrc
* Click the gear drop-down menu and make selection...say 50%
* Resize box to what I want for the 1st window
* Press Ctrl-Click within the window
*** My red box disappears ***

A box pops-up with 4 selections in it.

* Select option 3:  Begin a Scrolling Window Capture on this Object.
New window pops up: Object and Scrolling Capture Tool.

* Select Button 2: Let me Manually Scroll the Window
Window pops-up : What kind of Scrolling is Required ?

* I select the first bullet (Vertical scrolling).
* Click Next
A window pops-up with the screen capture Instructions in it.

How can I select what to capture when the red box has disappeared ?

Thank you

DaleB

mouser:
The manual capture mode is brand new, and could use some refinement; the red box disappears but the area you selected the first time is the area used during the capture, even though the red box is no longer shown.
(I'll try to fix that and leave the red box on screen for the next release).

ScreenManiac:
(I'll try to fix that and leave the red box on screen for the next release).
-mouser (July 07, 2014, 09:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good idea. Actually, I had similar problems - came to late to this thread to respond sooner.
It also took me quite a while to figure out the manual scrolling procedure - but once I had it all written down - my workflow with all possible side-tracks I had encountered - it proved to be a very reliable method to scroll even the most stubborn windows - inside programs where all other (commercial) products fail to scroll.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version