ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Microsoft Security Notifications Ending?

<< < (2/4) > >>

40hz:
If all this is because of Canadian legislation, Canada had best watch it's step.

It's all well and good to go around acting like yet another totalitarian bully. But Canada is not politically significant enough that something can't be done about (and to) Canada. Copying the 800lb gorillas (i.e. USA, Russia, China) doesn't reflect well on Canada. Especially when they have nothing other than a BS trade agreement (which exists only because the current US administration wants it) to give their laws any teeth outside their borders.

Sad. I really used to like Canada. Spent a lot of time up there some years ago, and had nothing but the deepest respect and admiration for the country and its people. It's getting hard to feel that way about our "Northern Neighbor" these days.

Not to single out Canada. Everything I've said previously applies equally, if not more, so to the present version of the United States. :(

Renegade:
If all this is because of Canadian legislation, Canada had best watch it's step.
-40hz (June 28, 2014, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

But, but, but, they're Canadians! Mounties! Snow! Maple syrup! Hockey! Eh?

It's all well and good to go around acting like yet another totalitarian bully. But Canada is not politically significant enough that something can't be done about (and to) Canada. -40hz (June 28, 2014, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is where I wonder just how "independent" Canada is. I think you give governments too much credit.

One word: Bilderberg.

Copying the 800lb gorillas (i.e. USA, Russia, China) doesn't reflect well on Canada. -40hz (June 28, 2014, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Especially when they have nothing other than a BS trade agreement (which exists only because the current US administration wants it) to give their laws any teeth outside their borders.-40hz (June 28, 2014, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Trade agreements have too much power once you look into them. They're often scary.

Sad. I really used to like Canada. -40hz (June 28, 2014, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me too. I left the place a long time ago because it was a shithole in a downward flush/spiral. But the disease is too prevalent. There is no escaping it. It's everywhere.

Spent a lot of time up there some years ago, -40hz (June 28, 2014, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me too! ;)

and had nothing but the deepest respect and admiration for the country and its people. It's getting hard to feel that way about our "Northern Neighbor" these days.-40hz (June 28, 2014, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I lost any respect for Canada a very long time ago.

And to be blunt, I basically hate what most Canadians think. The vast majority are unthinking morons that follow Ottawa blindly with idiotic aphorisms about tradition and crap. They're horrible at math too, which in itself is reason to hate anyone that isn't an artist. :P

God save the Queen? Yeah... like this

I have a special spot in my heart for Canada, filled with disgust, contempt, and loathing.

Not to single out Canada. Everything I've said previously applies equally, if not more, so to the present version of the United States. :(
-40hz (June 28, 2014, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heck, I love to single out Canada! I wish it would happen more!

All too often we read about the US and the evils it does.

But everyone forgets that Canada is the USA's cheap bimbo whore cheer leader.

Want some insight? Look at where Uncle Sam's unit is. Hint: It's in Ottawa's mouth. (And other parts.)

Canada even spearheads crap for the US! Because...

People will put up with crap from Canada because Canada has a reputation that it doesn't deserve. "Oh, Canadian peace keepers from the UN? Oh, they're bloody saints!!!" Yeah... whatever.

Canada can soften up targets politically because it is perceived as a "friendly" country when it's nothing more than an Anglo-American whore to be used and abused at will.

Hint: Whores are exceptionally good at separating you from your money, etc. They're professionals, and don't think they aren't. They're very good at what they do. Canada is no different.

Oh, and as a Canadian... I feel I must give the obligatory...

Sorry! ;)

I don't for a moment think that these insane Candian laws are independent in Canada -- there is outside influence here. Canada is just being used for its reputation to ram through the idea. Hopefully others will see through the BS and reject it.

40hz:
Aa any rate, the security bulletins have been switched to a RSS feed. Which is fine by me since I prefer to use RSS anyway.

Here's the link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/rss/bulletin

Add it to your reader.

wraith808:
Aa any rate, the security bulletins have been switched to a RSS feed. Which is fine by me since I prefer to use RSS anyway.

Here's the link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/rss/bulletin

Add it to your reader.
-40hz (June 29, 2014, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

They didn't switch.  That was already an option.  RSS is a pull, not a push type service... so there's a difference.  There's of course ways around that difference... but there aren't any added functions in their offering RSS.

mwb1100:
I'm a little surprised at the reaction to this - I would have guessed that DCer's would generally be in favor of tough anti-spam laws.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version