ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movie news and views

(1/6) > >>

wraith808:
We already have a Movies I've seen... but some of the entertainment industry are quite... entertaining in their own right.  And some of the news about upcoming movies are good to share.  But I don't want to clog things up with these observations, and also... other people see things that I don't, and might want to share.  So... this thread!

Not sure how it will work out... but then that's most things!  ;D

I'll start it out...

Rian Johnson is Here to Rescue Star Wars (via Tor.com)

Interesting article about a director I'd never heard of and the movies that he's done... that makes me want to see them.  I *have* looper, but haven't watched it yet... maybe that's on my list for today.

And my favorite quote from the article...

"I want to live in the universe where the kid from 3rd Rock From the Sun ends up in Star Wars. That’s a good universe. Things might turn out OK there." - Leah Schnelbach

I can get behind that sentiment.

Gary Oldman Defends Alec Baldwin and Mel Gibson, Slams ‘Political Correctness' (via Vulture.com)

Man, I've always loved Gary Oldman in films... and he's seemed like a cool guy.  But some of the quips in this... they take cool and ballsy to a new level!

My favorite soundbite from it:

We all hide and try to be so politically correct. That’s what gets me. It’s just the sheer hypocrisy of everyone, that we all stand on this thing going, “Isn’t that shocking?”

--- End quote ---

Isn't that the truth... as long as we don't get too famous, or manage to keep our sins in the dark... we're OK.  But if the covers slip one bit with the cameras following night and day... you're a goner. 

... unless the particular celebrity does a complete mea culpa in public and bow down begging apologies, in which case if the apology is judged to be sincere enough by enough people (and not insincere by any of the wrong people) you might dig your way out to daylight.

And don't let anyone have any sort of integrity and stand by their friends... this stuff is vile and sticky.

Stoic Joker:
Isn't that the truth... as long as we don't get too famous, or manage to keep our sins in the dark... we're OK.  But if the covers slip one bit with the cameras following night and day... you're a goner.-wraith808 (June 24, 2014, 10:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's because They (yes of the infamous them) have created a strictly enforced zero tolerance utopia, where - in the interest of proving that hate is not allowed - everyone is to love everyone equally, at all times and forever...without fail! Hell they'll probably bridge the "gender barrier" next by mandating bisexuality in the interest of promoting understanding and awareness. There won't be anymore short straw guy takes it for the team any more. Oh hell no that's not - everybody gets a trophy style "fair" - Nope, now everybody's got to take one of their own ... Just to prove they're a team player.

Renegade:
That's because They (yes of the infamous them) have created a strictly enforced zero tolerance utopia, where - in the interest of proving that hate is not allowed - everyone is to love everyone equally, at all times and forever...without fail!
-Stoic Joker (June 24, 2014, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not quite. You are fully expected to hate and loathe everyone they hate and loathe. If you don't, you're a sexist, racist, homophobic anti-semite that beats his kids and molests his dog.

i.e. You are entitled to share our opinion or die.

The "tolerance" zealots are anything but tolerant.

The original Gary Oldman interview is here (NSFW - on the playboy.com site). The "controversial" stuff is on pages 4 and 5.

Gary points out that (albeit rather muddled) "what" is said is less important than "who" said it.

There will be more outrage about what Gary said. Before you know it, people will be saying that he's a sexist, racist, homophobic anti-semite that beats his kids and molests his dog. If they're feeling in a good mood. Those articles will be fun to read. :P

Renegade:
Regarding Gary Oldman - https://twitter.com/GO4Everyone/status/481249687555825664/photo/1

Renegade:
Regarding some of the controversy, I read this article a while back. It's interesting:

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jews-do-control-the-media/

Does anyone else (who’s not a bigot) see the irony of this?-Take-away quote
--- End quote ---

Which is the exact point Gary Oldman makes in the interview.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version