Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 25, 2014, 07:39:36 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it  (Read 340938 times)
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #675 on: February 29, 2012, 06:42:14 PM »

orbidia, I did mention the email I have registered in the forum, but most people miss that smiley
I answered you yesterday, I hope you got the email!

poidi
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #676 on: May 23, 2013, 02:45:19 AM »

Hi folks, is this still an active topic?

as it suggests above it isn't - but i have a question / feature request for Grid Move

It would be great to not only have
 - Monitor1Top
 - Monitor2Top

But also to have an option
 - MonitorActiveTop
 - MonitorActiveBottom

Why?
First of: I'm a keyboard guy...
I have my Grids set up as the numpad suggests it (so 1 is left bottom; 5 is center; 6 is half right;...)

For my other monitors i have a similar system - just one decade higher (11 is left bottom on second screen, 21 on third)

the Fast Move works perfectly on the main monitor - but for the other monitors i'm not able to use fastmove, since it does not interpret more than one digit. (so i use the command hotkey - which is slightly slower, of course)

so my actual idea:

set up a grid that uses not a fixed monitor, but the actual (where the mouse is present) monitor

so instead of setting up 9 grids for each monitor, i would only need 9 grids at all.

other option would be to tell fastmove to interpret more digits as well (in order to use fast move to grid 24)

thanks!
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #677 on: May 23, 2013, 01:40:45 PM »

Hi poidi!

I find your idea interesting, I would only suggest that to aim at a 100%-focused keyboard solution, it would be better to consider that "actual monitor = monitor where the window is".
Regardless, and to be honest, I have posted the code for GridMove on github because I haven't been able to followup on the requests posted to the forum (I've explained it elsewhere, but basically not being a Windows user anymore makes developing GridMove a burden instead of a pleasure).
So, unless someone else steps up to fullfil your request, I fear it won't be done Sad

I'm really sorry for this,
JoĆ£o

kippg
Participant

« Reply #678 on: March 23, 2014, 12:13:05 PM »

Hi jgpaiva,

I am finding that its not working very well in Windows 8.  I have a donation ready to go.... can you fix it?
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #679 on: March 23, 2014, 02:36:16 PM »

I am finding that its not working very well in Windows 8.  I have a donation ready to go.... can you fix it?

this might be worth testing (I havent tried it lately, so cant comment) -
GridMove Lite Portable | Windows7/8 ready, combine w/ Aero Snap | XP/Vista Supp.

Tom
MilesAhead

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #680 on: March 23, 2014, 02:56:35 PM »

Hi jgpaiva,

I am finding that its not working very well in Windows 8.  I have a donation ready to go.... can you fix it?

Just one thought.  Have you tried running as administrator? I find some of my programs don't want to work on W8 without it.

"It's only called research if you didn't find it the first time."
-- MilesAhead
kippg
Participant

« Reply #681 on: March 23, 2014, 10:15:24 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions.  I ended up getting it to work with win7 compatibility.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #682 on: March 24, 2014, 06:15:36 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions.  I ended up getting it to work with win7 compatibility.
Hi,
Indeed from Windows 7 onwards, Windows as a tighter grip on what each application is allowed to see from other running applications. This means that GridMove cannot move other windows or recognise the mouse when it's over windows from other applications. Typically, the solution seems to be to run it in administrator mode, but it's good to know that on win7 compatibility it also works smiley

MilesAhead

« Reply #683 on: March 24, 2014, 11:39:55 AM »

I didn't think of trying that on my programs.  I'll give it a shot.  smiley

-- MilesAhead
asticilluder
Participant

« Reply #684 on: September 16, 2014, 07:28:13 AM »

Just wanted to post a thank you for this program. I looked long and hard for a program of this quality to resize windows. Don't know how I lived without it! I'll be sure to send a donation your way when I can.

AHK has been a great tool to add to my arsenal as a developer. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute in the future.
kippg
Participant

« Reply #685 on: October 29, 2014, 08:20:50 AM »

I'm interesting in donating for GridMove but I see the last release is 2009.  Is the project no longer being developed?
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #686 on: October 29, 2014, 10:17:20 AM »

Hi kippg,

I'm still here, just haven't changed anything in GridMove as it seems to be stable for most people.
I have since moved to OSX and no longer own a Windows computer, so I don't use it everyday myself (unfortunately), which means I don't add any features anymore and mostly just do support and bugfixing if needed.

JoĆ£o

shmuel1
Participant

« Reply #687 on: November 06, 2014, 05:01:03 AM »

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but since Windows 7 there have been shortcut keys to fit a window to the right or left of the screen: Windows Key + Left Arrow and Windows Key + Right Arrow.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #688 on: November 06, 2014, 01:19:21 PM »

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but since Windows 7 there have been shortcut keys to fit a window to the right or left of the screen: Windows Key + Left Arrow and Windows Key + Right Arrow.

There's also an app from MilesAhead here on dc, let's see, here's a review I wrote:
MoveIt - windows management app - Mini-Review

I use it in conjunction with GridMove (and Windows' default Winkey + Arrow keys) in Windows 7.
(I dont know if Moveit works in Windows 8.)

Tom
MilesAhead

« Reply #689 on: November 08, 2014, 10:13:53 AM »

(I dont know if Moveit works in Windows 8.)

It works if Run As Administrator.  I check that option in Compatibility Tab and put a shortcut in the StartUp folder to have it start with Windows logon  (Typing shell:startup in Run box is an easy way to optn the User StartUp Folder.)
( Edit it also works in Windows Ten Preview but I believe I had to use the Registry Run key and put UAC all the way down to auto start it.  )

Thanks for mentioning it Tomos.  I'm glad someone out there uses MoveIt.  smiley

-- MilesAhead
Pages: Prev 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.036s | Server load: 0.08 ]