ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (78/146) > >>

rawlinpa:
The feature that I would like to see added would be a list of applications that GridMove does not try to resize and move. It would be an Applications Blacklist and could be empty by default.

The reason I think that this would be useful is that I use clicking and dragging the Title Bar to initiate moving the window. However, many windows are small enough (such as a Buddy List), that I accidentally click them in a spot that triggers GridMove. I know that I can hit Escape to stop the resizing and moving process, but I believe it would be nice to specify programs that GridMove will never try to resize and move.

Congrats on this innovative program!

jgpaiva:
Hi rawlinpa!
I've been trying to include this in GridMove for a while, but still haven't found the time to do so.
GridMove already includes a blacklist, but it's hardcoded in one variable, and pnly includes a few apps i know that cause trouble.
If you'd like, i could add it to the ini configuration.

What you mentioned about windows being too small and GridMove taking the whole titlebar, that's actually a bug, as there's code to prevent that situation. I'll try to fix it ;)

JWeetje:
Best of it's kind !!!
What I would like is that I can use it to set my desktop in such a way that parts (like part of left or right side) is unuasable. Meaning that all windows I use qnd maximize only use a designated area of the desktop. So I always will have my shortcuts on the desktop available, or my shortcuts or anything else on the right side. As default. Set once, and then fixed.
If I am not clear, and that happens according my wife, please ask.

tinjaw:
GridMove is always one of the first few applications I install on a new computer. I can't live without it. Give me GridMove or give me death. I've got two new monitor configurations I need to make grids for now. One is my laptop (1280x800) on the right with an external 1280x1024 LCD to its left. And one for my desktop - which currently has a 22" CRT (same as 20" LCD) in between two 19" LCDs. Each of them at 1280x1024. I took a look at Eric Slaw's but it is too busy for me. Does anybody have a good 3 monitor grid?

jgpaiva:
JWeetje: GridMove won't replace maximize. But you can use the grid posted here to acomplish something very similar to what you're asking. With this, you drop the windows in the middle of the screen, and they are maximized leaving some space on both sides.

tinjaw: Thanks! :D I'm using the edge grid on my dual-monitor config, i think it's the best one because it incorporates the 4-part grid (for the second monitor's IM programs) and still has a good work area in the middle ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version