ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (67/146) > >>

CWuestefeld:
The author just linked me here to solve a related problem I've got with my system. I have 2 monitors that are arranged as a single double-wide monitor (because of a deficiency in VMWare). I wanted a way to size windows so they'd still respect the physical monitor boundaries, even though Windows in the VM isn't aware of them.

It turns out that GridMove does a pretty good job of this. I've tweaked the built-in EdgeGrid a bit to work in my case, and I'm uploading it here for all to benefit from.

Changes:

* Remove extraneous Monitor2 and Monitor3
* Dragging to left edge only maximizes width to 1/2 of the screen (i.e., one physical monitor)
* Add a similar right edge
* Change the center pseudo-maximize region. There are now 2 regions, one in the middle of each physical display; dropping into it fully maximizes to that half of the display (i.e., within the bounds of that physical monitor)Caveat: For some reason I'm a couple of pixels off on the width (rounding?), but I think it's plenty good enough.

tempdonationcoder:
First of all I'd like to thank for the great app. Fantastic work indeed.

I was trying to adding a custom icon for GridMove, however I had difficulties in compiling the source.

I also tried to change it using a AutoHotkey app meant for changing icons in compiled .ahk scripts yet I didn't succeed.

How would you go about with doing this?

jgpaiva:
Well... For that, you don't really need to recompile it.
GridMove already supports custom icons. You only have to put your custom icon on the /images folder, with the name 'gridmove.ico'.

Coeluh:
Where are the grid  files stored?

jgpaiva:
Where are the grid  files stored?
-Coeluh (June 29, 2007, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Once you run GridMove for the first time, everything is unpacked to the directory where GridMove is launched. Thus, they should be in a folder called "Grids", located where GridMove's executable is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version