ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (58/146) > >>

nudone:
i'll confess, i still haven't got into the habit of using gridmove - stupid, huh - so i won't feel bad if you tell me to get lost  :D

anyway, here's yet another suggestion:

again, maybe this is something gridmove could do or maybe it's something for a new util entirely.

okay. let's go...

i'd like to move the windows around BUT i don't want them to snap completely into a specific grid (blasphemy, i know).

instead. i'd like the edges of my monitor screen to act as the boundaries for all windows that are in view. in other words, i can't move a window off screen.

nothing unusual so far. right. okay, instead of the window moving off screen in the normal manner when it is dragged too far near the edge of the monitor, i'd like the window to resize itself so that it decrease in width or height in the direction the window is moving.

as an example:
(this idea requires a few extra functions for it to work.)

firstly, you have the ability to move windows around on screen by clicking anywhere within the window, holding your mouse down and holding a key down at the same time (eg. ctrl key). or, you hold left and right mouse buttons down at the same time. (this kind of feature has been used with other utils already.)

when moving the window around using the above technique the window goes into 'screen edge boundary' mode. this prevents the window from moving off screen. instead, the window will shrink in size once it hits the edge of the screen - as you drag the window to the edge of the screen the window shrinks more and more AND, i guess, if you don't release the mouse button - if you start dragging the window back away from the edge of the screen, the window will start to grow in size.

if this is possible, it seems to me, that this would be like creating 'grids' on the fly. no window moves off screen as it snaps to the edges of the monitor - and the dragging process creates the newly sized window (grid).

i hope that made sense.

jgpaiva:
Sorry for the late responses, but i was on exams until today. I'm now on vacations, which means i finally have free time :D

makron: i think your idea for gridcreator is good. Although it creates just simple grids, it's way easier to use. I think i'll do just that.

john_markman: I think that your idea is good, adding commands for vertical maximize and horizontal maximize makes sense to me. I'll do that.

jgpaiva:
nudone: you always manage to find the wildest ideas :P
I also like that one, and if ahk can be fast enough, i'll do it but as a different coding snack. Sounds like a fun idea! :D

nudone:
excellent. i'm glad you are prepared to have a crack at creating yet another window moving program, jgpaiva.

(i'm also using gridmove now, with just a slightly modified 2 part vertical edge grid. i think i had made things too complicated for myself before by creating ridiculously complex grids. simple is definitely better.)

yqbd:
Hello!

Is there a way to use middle click just on title bars or borders and not anywhere in the window? I use the middle mouse button in web browsers to scroll sometimes and GridMove is taking over.

I don't see the ""browse" option on the templates menu." in GridMove V1.19.26.

I can't cycle back to axcrusik_s_grid.grid. If I cycle out of axcrusik_s_grid.grid, I have to recheck axcrusik_s_grid.grid in Templates. Set Grid Order doesn't help with it.

Is there a way to cancel drop zone mode without the escape key? Maybe some way to use the right button to cancel?

I doubleclick a title bar to maximize a window. Can we change MButton Drag to MButton Doubleclick, so drop zone mode will start after a double middle click? Then drop a window using left click or middle click?

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version