ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (54/146) > >>

toddm:
I've got a suggestion that would add more functionality to GridMove without changing the nice, clean interface.

It would be nice if GridMove could remember what windows have been snapped to a specific grid section and if the resolution is changed the windows are realigned automatically.  This would be useful when using remote desktop from computers having various resolutions.  Ideally it would remember the grid a window has been assigned to in addition to the section.

I frequently remote desktop from my laptop to my desktop and because the resolution on the laptop is smaller my window size and location changes.  It's an annoyance I think GridMove could solve with a little work.

Thanks.

jgpaiva:
Guess what?
GridMove was updated.
It was essentially a bug fix over the version posted here:

* Fixed bug where passing with the mouse over the activation area with the mouse button pressed would trigger GridMove.

* Fixed bug that would make templates menu load with incorrect information.

* Fixed bug that was making GridMove take years to come up when it was a sleep for some time.

* Removed the "browse..." option. Please just put the .grid file in the \grids folder.
* Added a new grid ( this one)So... Go download it! http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/gridmove.html

jgpaiva:
I'm really scared about this problem with having to select the "Turn off advanced text services for this program". But there's no mention at the forum of autohotkeys about that. I hope it gets fixed, tough.

toddm: i'm sorry, i'm not sure about what you mean. Do you have GridMove on both computers? or having it on the host computer is enough? I'm not sure how it could detect the resolution you have when you're remote desktoping

toddm:
jgpaiva, GridMove would only need to be on the host computer and I don't think it would need to know anything about the remote computer.  A simpler example is just changing resolution on the computer.  It would be nice if all windows that had been snapped to a grid are automatically snapped to the resized grid.

Does that make more sense?

jgpaiva:
toddm: I see what you mean. GridMove really doesn't behave very well on resolution changes. Maybe i should have it monitor if the resolution has changed, in order to avoid that kind of problems.
For now, the best solution for you is, when you use remote desktop, to press Win+g followed by 'r'. That'll reload GridMove and it'll re-read the size of the monitor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version