ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (18/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
i need to change the grid layout and give it a good run before saying anything further.
-nudone (July 02, 2006, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Notice that you don't have to copy it all, you can use the same grid you used on the other versions, you only have to change the name of the .ini file.

thanks for putting the screen edge trigger back in. pity about the grid not being hidden yet, though.
-nudone (July 02, 2006, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, the screen edge trigger was such a big problem as i thought originally. The grid hiding isn't a big deal, as right now it can already be hidden, but is buggy, and for some reason it makes the snapping not work.
Anyways, i think i know what causes that, and it should be fixed in the next version.

nudone:
it's beddybies time for me now but here's my edited script of version 4.5

i'd still make a few changes to the grid layout but it's pretty much what i was after... you may find the grid layout useful.

you'll see i've disabled the 'drag title bar method' and reduced the size of the trigger zones.

jgpaiva:
Ok... Great to see it fits you.
This means that GridMove is mature (at laaast!!), and i can start working on a "final" (more like "stable") version. Finally i'll be able to get it in my CodingSnacks post! :D
And it's ready to become a "real" program ;)

(I've just had a great idea! a grid creator. I hope i won't forget this one when i finish up the gui and other important details)

kproth:
@jgpaiva: LOVE the Gui grid view! Testing on my multi-mon system and it's definitely much better behaved. I removed groups 5-10 that "shipped" with the script, keeping just groups 1-4 (all on my primary monitor), and then I added a single new group5 sized to show on my second monitor (Top@0, Bottom@700, Left@1281, Right@2304).

Group5 functioned just fine, but the number 5 wasn't visible anywhere (even though 1-4 were).

Also, will you handle odd-sized taskbars a little cleaner in the final product? Mine is two "rows" deep, so it's 50 pixels tall, at the bottom of screen 1. I added a variable called TaskbarSize and set it to equal 50, and then changed all the "30"s in your groups (e.g. GridBottom = A_WindowHeight - 30) to use it. Would it be possible to sniff out the actual position and size of the taskbar at runtime and automatically work around it?

jgpaiva:
As for the fact that group5 doesn't appear, it might be because you didn't change the screenwidth to be equal to the sum of your both screens. (i need to fix that)
If you did, please post here the 5Trigger group. (also don't forget to change the Number of groups to 5).

As for the grids, it's not complete yet. I might be able to auto-detect the size (and position) of the taskbar in later versions, and i'm thinking of including a bunch of pre-defined grids instead of only one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version