ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (7/146) > >>

nudone:
sorry, my mouse has 8 buttons so the middle/third button would be available for use.

i shall now try the new gridmove...

nudone:
WOW, the latest gridmove feels like a fully pollished util now.

if it's possible to include keyboard shortcuts and the drag window without using title bar then it's going to be one fine program.  :Thmbsup:

nudone:
time to throw a spanner in the works...

what happens if grid zones overlap?

i was thinking that it would be nice to have a 'central' grid zone in the center of the screen that would resize windows to a nice default type of size, say 1024 x768 (i'd probably use larger) but this would overlap other grid zones - especially the type of grid zones that occupy one half of the screen. i can see that if you were careful it wouldn't matter about the overlap and i'm assuming that as it's a script the first 'zone' that is defined would take precedence.

jgpaiva:
Ok... I'm loving this!
I think it's almost ready to evolve to beta ;)

You can now move a window with middle mouse button + right button.
But only the middle mouse button has to remain pressed. Which means you can do the following:
Press middle mouse button, press right button, release right button, drag window, release middle mouse button. (sorry for the lame description, i couldn't find a better one)

Another important issue is that when you move a window this way, after you release it, it gets snapped. I've been playing with it, and it looks soooo neat!

Let's see your opinion: GridMove Alfa2

jgpaiva:
what happens if grid zones overlap?
-nudone (May 30, 2006, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Here's your answer:
i'm assuming that as it's a script the first 'zone' that is defined would take precedence.
-nudone (May 30, 2006, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
:P

Yes, that's exactly it. This script goes from the first area, to the last, in order, checking if the mouse is inside that area. If it it, it moves the window, and stops.
This means, that if you define the big area as the first one, it will be prioritary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version