ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (4/146) > >>

nudone:
i'm happy to go with your right click method, jgpaiva.

all i really wanted was a quick way of resizing a window to fit either on the left half or the right half of the screen without having to use keyboard shortcuts or several mouse clicks - the drag to screen edge seemed like a simple 'flowing' method of creating a trigger.

if you could create the zones and the 'right click' to trigger window resize/position script, without any annoying slow window refreshing that gridvista and zonesize appear to suffer from, then i think it will be a great job.

kimmchii:
i found SplitView, you might wanna give it a try.

jgpaiva:
i found SplitView, you might wanna give it a try.
-kimmchii (May 30, 2006, 05:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
I haven't tried it, but it looks like a great find, kimmchii!

jgpaiva:
I like this program! I hope I can make it work flawlessly, because i'd even use it myself!

Ok, here's GridMoveAlfa1!
Right now, it's more of a beta (or would it be alfa?), since i only want to have your opinion, nudone.
It works like this:

At the beggining of the file, there's something with this sintax:
SpoilerNWindows=4

top1=0
Right1=250
Left1=0
Bottom1=250

top2=250
Right2=250
Left2=0
Bottom2=500

top3=500
Right3=250
Left3=0
Bottom3=750

Top4=0
Right4=1280
Left4=250
Bottom4=770

NWindows has the number of areas there are. the following blocks of 4 lines, each represents an area of the screen.
In this example, it's for a 1280*800 screen, with 4 areas, positioned like this:
Spoiler***************
*  1  *                *
*  2  *       4        *
*  3  *                *

This script monitors the mouse position. So, drag a window, until the mouse is in any of the areas, release the mouse, and click again. (with the left mouse button)

I say again: this is a BETA version, still has a few bugs, not related to the window moving, but with the detection of the mouse clicking and such.

I only have one question: would you consider having it working just the way it works now, but instead of a cecond click, having a 'space' press?

jgpaiva:
I really am loving this program!
I've made a small change, Now, to move the window, you have to drag it, then press space (at maximum, one second after you drag the window)

Here's the link: GridMove Alfa2 (the url in the earlier thread points to the alfa1).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version