ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (3/146) > >>

skrommel:
:) Try this one!

ZoneSize - Define zones that autosize windows dropped on them.

Features:
- Hold a window over a zone for .5 sec to autosize it.
- Doubleclick the tray icon to center the active window.

You'll find the downloads and more info at 1 Hour Software by Skrommel.

It went from a ten-liner to an ugly big mess, so there's probably bugs in there.

Skrommel

nudone:
that looks great, thank you very much skrommel.

will download and try now.

nudone:
skrommel's 'zonesize' is a great improvement upon 'gridvista' - you can define you own zone with it.

BUT, it's still not what i was hoping for - sorry to be a pain.

i've included a screen grab to try and clarify what i meant.

the 'trigger zones' are at the edge of the screen - nothing happens unless the mouse cursor and a window title bar are within one of the 'trigger zones' (this would also mean that the left mouse button is being held down on the title bar - because it has just been dragged to the side of the screen).

the 'trigger zones' would only have to be 1 pixel wide down the edge of the screen and would hopefully be definable so that various 'trigger zones' could be set up around the edges of the screen.

this edge based 'trigger zone' method appears to be more of a powerful idea to me as you would only 'trigger' the auto size function to work when all the criteria of was met, i.e you wouldn't accidentally trigger an auto size window function unless you really wanted it - this is unlike the gridvista/zonesize methods that assume you want a window to auto resize as soon as it is dragged within a large zone area somewhere on your screen - which you most often will not want if you are simply moving windows around the place.

(the edge trigger zone method could of course be extended to 'trigger' off macros as already seen in other programs.)

would it be 'simple' to modify the 'zonesize' script?

i wouldn't know where to start but if either you, skrommel, or jgpaiva could do it i'd be very grateful.

nudone:
to clarify things a bit further, here are the 'typical' zone layout that the windows would auto resize to after the 'trigger' has been activated...

jgpaiva:
 ;D ;D
I was now going to reply saying i was going to do this, because i got how to do it. Looks like i came a bit too late ;)
Nudone: I got what you mean, but i think there's a better way to do it:

How about if you can define lots of squares in your workspace, and then, when a window is being grabbed (with the left mouse button), if you press the right mouse button, the window would grab to that area.
The advantage of this would be that you could have something like this:

Where you could have a bunch of windows on the left, just as if it was a taskbar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version