ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (125/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
Hi.

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no time to keep GridMove up to date.
I've looked into the problem you mentioned, but apparently it's related to windows 7 protecting GridMove from accessing other windows. If you're interested in looking into it, I can tell you what you can try.

You may install autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/), download the source code for gridmove (http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/GridMove/GridMove.zip) and edit the "GridMoveP1.ahk" file by right-clicking it.

At the beginning of the file, there's this line:

--- ---  CaptionSize += BorderSizeThis sets that height to '24' (at least in my computer). You can set it to a larger value this way:

--- ---  CaptionSize := 50
Unfortunately, in my computer this still doesn't fix it, gridmove doesn't grab the mouse. Maybe if you compile the script and run it as administrator it might get fixed, but I'm not really sure and I don't understand enough of windows 7 to be able to fix it.

Sorry

(I have returned your DC credits since I couldn't really fix the problem)

helloall:
Hey man,

thanks for your reply. I hope there is no serious trouble going on in your life.

I looked in the source some weeks ago and i speculated that this line has to do with the problem, but i was afraid of not understanding the autohotkey stuff. : D

Thanks for telling me that it´s very easy to edit it.
I set it to "35" now and compiled it by rightclicking "GridMoveP1.ahk"

Guess what:
It SEEMS the problem is fixed. Will try in allday use and post here. :)

I´m irritated a little bit that the new .exe file is only 216kb since your .exe was 450kb?
Why? Is that something to be worried about?

The donation wasn´t ment to be money for fixing the problem. It was for GridMove itself, since i use it every day.
Redonated it, please keep it!

Hope to see you back on your nice project one day.
Private things come first.

Best wishes and thank you

helloall

jgpaiva:
thanks for your reply. I hope there is no serious trouble going on in your life.
-helloall (May 13, 2010, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
No, no problem. I'm just getting my PhD and it's been crazy with work lately.

It SEEMS the problem is fixed. Will try in allday use and post here. :)
--- End quote ---
If it solved for a few windows, then it probably got solved for all windows, great!

I´m irritated a little bit that the new .exe file is only 216kb since your .exe was 450kb?
Why? Is that something to be worried about?
--- End quote ---
No worries, that's because I compile it without compressing the executable so it's less provable that it'll get flagged by antiviruses.

The donation wasn´t ment to be money for fixing the problem. It was for GridMove itself, since i used it every day.
Redonated it, please keep it!
--- End quote ---
Thanks  :D

helloall:
Well, good to hear.

Good luck for you PhD!  :)

helloall:
You can now find "GridMove 7 Lite Portable"  (Windows 7 custom version) here:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=22739

:)

Navigation